Wait a minute: Aubrey Organics and alcohol denat?!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I went to their website and found the ingredients for the GPB. Apparently, it has alcohol denat. Has any one else noticed this? And isn't alcohol supposed to be bad for the hair?

I'm so confused...

i was at the health food store today looking at some ao products and found that some had alcohol denat. i chose NOT to buy those. fortunately not all of their products contain it.

The original GPB (GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner) which has no scent added is alcohol free. The others (GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner - Rosemary Peppermint, and GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner - Lavender Ylang) on the other hand do.

Wow. CocoaPebbles really?? denatured alcohol is an antifoaming agent and also an antimicrobial agent.. but why it will be so high in the ingreidients lists... usually it's not more than 1% ..... but it's weird that no one ever react dry hair with this product..

Last edited:
Wow. CocoaPebbles really?? denatured alcohol is an antifoaming agent and also an antimicrobial agent.. but why it will be so high in the ingreidients lists... usually it's not more than 1% ..... but it's weird that no one ever react dry hair with this product..

Aubrey Organics dried my hair out. I actually returned it to Vitamin Shoppe after one or two uses (the moisturizing shampoo and con). I just never complained on the board because the products are so popular.

The original GPB (GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner) which has no scent added is alcohol free. The others (GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner - Rosemary Peppermint, and GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner - Lavender Ylang) on the other hand do.

that's normal, when u create a perfume, the base is alcool(ethanol, and don't forget that alcool can be natural(made from sugar fermentation but usually it's the company who specify this on their products. My AOHSR is in the bathroom and i'm too lazy to stand up and check if AO has specified if their alcohol is natural or not. But if I remember well, when you want to denature an alcool it's with methanol. methanol can be found naturally in our bodies. but I know companies can use a synthetic one.

i have the honeysuckle rose & white camellia conditioners...along with the mandarin jelly & b5 design gel...fortunately, like i said, these dont have the alcohol in it. i was sort of upset that the products i was looking at today had the alcohol denat in them because i was wanting to try some of them. i guess it's a good thing, though...i dont need to spend any more money unnecessarily.

Back