Waist length from straight to curly and vice versa...

Lovelylocs

Right now I am past brastrap! :clap: :clap: I've decided to try to reach waistlength now! :shocked: :lol: (Man, I remember when I first started this journey and I said to myself that APL is long enough and possibly brastrap. :giggle:)

When I get there, I am going to alternate btwn twist outs and straight hair styles. I added a pic of a curly haired look that I like. I'm trying to find more curly looks, preferably on black people.

Anyone else have future style plans for their hair?

Attachments

• miriam_fares.jpg
    miriam_fares.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 88
I'm bra-strap too....I want to be MBL by summer and my final goal is waist length....I want it that long so my braid-outs and wash-n-go will be longer....Now when I do my braid-out , or twist-outs I'm barely APL

Shoot, I just want to be able to put my hair in a pony tail (no where near it!!):nono:. I'll be happy at SL :spinning: but im sure when I reach that i'll want to go further. I want to be able to wear twists and braids with my natural hair and it look good. Both of your hair is beautiful.

hi all!

it's been ages. i hope everyone that even remembers me (and all the newbies) is doing well! :wave:

well, i still haven't achieved waist length, and i'm actually further from it than i've been in years. BUT i've wanted to achieve this look forever. does anyone know how to do this? would i do twists with those flexirods? i want to achieve individually defined curls vs. just a wavy look. know what i mean?

adrienne

I want this.....

2278615276_3a400f7681_o.jpg

I don't expect to have precisely THOSE curls, but just the size and shine. Whoah.

hi all!

it's been ages. i hope everyone that even remembers me (and all the newbies) is doing well! :wave:

well, i still haven't achieved waist length, and i'm actually further from it than i've been in years. BUT i've wanted to achieve this look forever. does anyone know how to do this? would i do twists with those flexirods? i want to achieve individually defined curls vs. just a wavy look. know what i mean?

adrienne
Hi there! Yes I remember you! When I first joined the board you were one of my hair faves!!! Your hair is STILL rockin!!!

I'm currently about mid back and my goal is waist. I've already damaged my hair enough with trying to get it bone straight, so my future hair styles will be braid outs and twist outs, personally, I just think these styles are healthier for the hair (no heat), and I think they look pretty good too.

I'm far from my goal, but I like to think about all the styles I could rock once I've reached my it! :grin:

I think I could do this with flexi-rods. :yep:

With my hair type, I'd probably have a lot more shrinkage, but I think a waist-length braid out would look similar to this style, which I love. :yep:

hi all!

adrienne
Good to see you Adrienne! :wave:

My hair has been waist-length for a while now. I wear it in curls though--still have not worn my hair straight.
I can get individually defined curls with Caruso rollers in just 5-10 minutes. There are instructions in the booklet to get spiral type curls that last. I have an older example in the LHCF gallery.

My goal was only bra strap, and I finally reached it after about 10 years! Now that I know that I can reach it, I am going to try for mid-back length. I plan to wear wash and wears in the hot months and braidouts in the winter. I workout a lot so it is not beneficial or long lasting for me to straighten my hair out. But I know that I want my hair to be BIG!

hi all!

adrienne

I'm not sure. A twist out might work, but I haven't done one in so long that I'm not actually sure.

This might work...
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1173.htm

Step One
Pipe Cleaner
Twist together 4 long pipe cleaners as shown and bend the ensuing curler into a u-shape.

Be sure to use long pipe cleaners rather than short ones. (See Figure 1 to the side)

Step Two
Triangle-Sectioning
Start at the contours and work towards the highest point. The sectioning shown here has been chosen purely to show the techniques. (See Figure 2 to the side)

Step Three
Curler Placement
Place the middle of the curler at the root of your section. Then alternately twist the hair around both halves of the curler forming a Figure 8.

Important: Twist the hair around the curler, not the other way round! (See Figure 3 to the side).

Step Four
Fixing
Twist the hair around the curler up to the end, then fold the curler ends together over the hair ends. (See Figure 4 to the side).

Attachments

• dynamic_7602_14_figure_1.jpg
    dynamic_7602_14_figure_1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 5
  • dynamic_7602_14_figure_2.jpg
    dynamic_7602_14_figure_2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 4
  • dynamic_7602_14_figure_3.jpg
    dynamic_7602_14_figure_3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 6
  • dynamic_7602_14_figure_4.jpg
    dynamic_7602_14_figure_4.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 6
this looks like alot of work, but i will definitely save the link and directions for my stylist to try. i'm too lazy for all of that. i do love the end result though! thanks, lovelylocs!

I'm not sure. A twist out might work, but I haven't done one in so long that I'm not actually sure.

This might work...
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1173.htm

Step One
Pipe Cleaner
Twist together 4 long pipe cleaners as shown and bend the ensuing curler into a u-shape.

Be sure to use long pipe cleaners rather than short ones. (See Figure 1 to the side)

Step Two
Triangle-Sectioning
Start at the contours and work towards the highest point. The sectioning shown here has been chosen purely to show the techniques. (See Figure 2 to the side)

Step Three
Curler Placement
Place the middle of the curler at the root of your section. Then alternately twist the hair around both halves of the curler forming a Figure 8.

Important: Twist the hair around the curler, not the other way round! (See Figure 3 to the side).

Step Four
Fixing
Twist the hair around the curler up to the end, then fold the curler ends together over the hair ends. (See Figure 4 to the side).

hi all!

adrienne
As far back as we go, you know I can't forget you.

Excuse me, but that pic in your avatar was waist length. I remember you were always in denial about that. So, you DID achieve waist length missy. :yep:

hi all!

adrienne

:wave: Hi there, glad to see you back, your hair is a great inspiration to me.

Back