VO5 or Suave?

blasiancurlie

i've been splurging on more expensive conditioners but as my hair gets longer and i'm starting to do more co-washes, i think it would be smarter to use the cheapie conditioners. in the long run, i'm sure i'll save a TON of money.

so my question is, do you prefer V05 or Suave? (i chose these as they are cheap AND cone-free but other suggestions are welcome too)

ETA: Include your favorite scent too!

Last edited:
I get good results from both products. And since they are so cheap you can play around a little bit with the different types and smells. I love variety so they really work for me.

Suave (I use the conditioners mostly).. Oh I forgot.. I do use the suave daily clarifying shampoo once in a while.

I mix my suave con. w/ almond oil for a moisturizing pre poo treatment!

of as far as scent I am currently using the milk n honey:lick:

but as this kinds is getting more and more hard to find..when it runs out I am going to go with the tropical coconut.. but I have smelled most of them in the store and all the flavors smell yummy:lick:

Last edited:
Suave (I use the conditioners mostly).. Oh I forgot.. I do use the suave daily clarifying shampoo once in a while.

I mix my suave con. w/ almond oil for a moisturizing pre poo treatment!

of as far as scent I am currently using the milk n honey:lick:

but as this kinds is getting more and more hard to find..when it runs out I am going to go with the tropical coconut.. but I have smelled most of them in the store and all the flavors smell yummy:lick:

:blush:ummm imma need you to get out of my arsenal...please and thank you:lachen:

White Rain Tropical Coconut (WRTC) is the bomb for slip, moisture, and smell. It is about $1.00 too.

I just purchased Suave Humectant and Suave Sleek conditioners from Target the other day just to test them out since I'm a Nexxus stan and Suave claims their products are comparable.

Well, I co-washed with the Humectant mixed with a little glycerin, rinsed, and rollerset last night.

:up: :up: for the Suave Humectant, my hair detangled very well and it smells yummy too!

I use both and would have to say they are both good but if I had to choose, I would say V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries N Cream. (Any moisture milk one) I am also dying to try the White Rain Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I'm hearing toooooo many raves about that one:grin:

ETA: Oh yea, the Suave Humectant is the BOMB!!!! but I can never really find it.

Last edited:
I love the Suave Tropical Coconut and Vanilla Floral versions for co-washes and I use a little mixed with coconut oil as a daily moisturizer. My hair is looking so good these days.

thanks for all the reponses...looks like suave is in the lead. i feel PJism creeping up. *trying to be good and finish my existing conditioners first*

thanks for all the reponses...looks like suave is in the lead. i feel PJism creeping up. *trying to be good and finish my existing conditioners first*

Girl, at $1 a piece, just get one of each! I use Suave, V05, and White Rain. If you don't like them, you can always use them as a base for a home made concoction. Or post them on the exchange board...

I also read the the VO5 Silky Experiences cons are good. They have silk proteins in them.

Girl, at $1 a piece, just get one of each! I use Suave, V05, and White Rain. If you don't like them, you can always use them as a base for a home made concoction. Or post them on the exchange board...

i love the tropical one....you right for a $1 you can't beat it!!!!

I would have said Suave but I am loving Vo5 lately. maybe my hair just needed a change but I am so happy with a V05 cowash. :yep:

I never tried VO5 but Suave Humectant is doing NOTHING for my hair. I tried it a few times and I get no slip. I may pick up some VO5 today though since it's so cheap.

VO5 all day long, I love it, especially the moisture milks and the moisture one with the silk protien, and the vanillla mint clariy conditionter....:lick:

VO5 all day long, I love it, especially the moisture milks and the moisture one with the silk protien, and the vanillla mint clariy conditionter....:lick:

And I love the way it smells. Is the vanilla mint giving you any slip? Somebody on here said it made their hair rough I think. I love V05's Champagne Kiss.

V05

vanilla mint tea-------- gives great slip
Strawberries and cream
Honeysuckle---------- gives great slip

Haven't used white rain in a while but I do love those too.

i like prepooing /cowash with V05: split ends, vanilla mint clarifying, kiwi and lime clarifying- they are good with a little bit of coconut oil in them too. You didn't ask, but White Rain Tropical Coconut is good as well .

Last edited:
Whatever's cheapest, is what I usually use..... since I tend to stock up.

1281292590_83ba1cf0ea.jpg

The Green Tea V05 was my favorite, as it was lightly scented. Most of the V05's - esp. that Blueberry Moisture Milk is so STRONGLY fragranced it almost makes my eyes water. The V05 Extra Body is lovely, too.

I have both these conditioners but not the poos and I like the suave better because it seem to soften my hair better than the VO5

haven't tried vo5 but Suave conditioner works great. Tropical Coconut all the way :D

They even have a "professional" line which they claim is comparable to Biolage & Nexxus but I never compared the ingredients to check.

Back