Viviscal/Noixin for Folks on a Budget

PuffyBrown

I could not help but to post this message. I don't post much but reading the forums I see that a lot of people are taking Noixin and Viviscal. I do agree that these products are excellent but you can take these same supplements without spending all that money.

Did you know that the cartilegous extract is just fish cartilage. It is the extract taken from shellfish that are are live. It does not even kill them. Thats why they say that some people who are allergic to seafood can take it.

The arcerola, is a fruit that is high in vitamin C. This product can found as a separate supplement and you can get it at higer dosage when purchased separately. The other product is glucosamine sulfate and 400mg of chondroitin which you can get about 900 mg(combined) for about $10 at vita cost. . It stimulates cartilage cells to produce two proteins that help to hold joint tissue together, proteoglycans and collagen. It may also prevent the breakdown of collagen. Chondroitin sulfate is an important structural component of cartilage and provides much of its resistance to compression. Along with glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate has become a widely used dietary supplement for treatment of osteoarthritis. Health pratcitioner recommend taking these products along with Vitamin C or Ester C for people who are supplementing with MSM. Which is what I do. I may have spent about 40 dollars on supplements but so far I have

MSM 1000 mg 240 tablets 9.99
Biotin 5000mcg 300 tablets 11.99
Horsetail 400mg 100 tablets 3.49
Acai price varies......I prefer this to the Arceola because it provides more antioxidents than just vitam
in C.
Green Tea Select 600 mg 90 capsules
Omega Fish Oil 1000 mg 300 geltabs 9.50
Alta Silica with bioflavonoids 11.29
Health Plus Colon Cleanse price varies (cheap at vitacost)
Metamucil - wally world
Puritan Pride Life's Greens Jammed packed with protiens, vitamins and everything else.

This is a 2 1/2 month supply and a I am still under $100 dollars.

I just ordered glucosamine sulfate and 400mg of chondroitin this week so I will start that as soon as it gets here.

I had to slow down on the MTG because my hair is really growing. I put some of the MSM in my leave in conditioner so I only use the MTG when I prepoo so that I don't waste the good stuff.

I found a couple of websites that has the MSM, glucosamine and chondroitin in powder and large quantiy like a lb and up. Prices looked decent too! I am still checking them out. If it turns out to be worth it I will post.

Happy growing!

PS. if you go to puritan.com for life's greens don't be fooled by the buy 2 get three free. I got only the stuff that has the highest miligrams and the most quantity. I did a price comparison with vitacost. VitaCost is the better buy in my opinon on most of the supplements.

sorry if I mispelled anything....I am sleepy goodnight:yawn:

I started off taking individual supplements, but I would run out a differnt time, and ended up taking about 10 or more pills a day. I like the ease of taking (2) Viviscal pills versus jungling multi pills, brands and reccomended dosges to get a similar mix.

CurliDiva said:
I started off taking individual supplements, but I would run out a differnt time, and ended up taking about 10 or more pills a day. I like the ease of taking (2) Viviscal pills versus jungling multi pills, brands and reccomended dosges to get a similar mix.

Yes I can understand that...that's probably why Viviscal cost as much as it does since it is all these things combined in one pill taken twice daily.

Don't get me wrong....if someone finds Viviscal on sale (no ebay for me) than give me a SHOUT OUT!

I just spent $150 for a 3 month supply....and if similar supplements would cost $100....I am willing a spend that extra $50.

:p That is less than one night out for drinks and dinner.

Nice & Wavy said:
Thanks for the info....but that's alot of stuff to take everyday for me.

I agree that's alot of vitamins to take. I already take 10 vitamins, including viviscal and nioxin but that is some good information you have.;)

tsmith said:
I agree that's alot of vitamins to take. I already take 10 vitamins, including viviscal and nioxin but that is some good information you have.;)

Its not so bad for me. I got the tablets first because I just joined LCHF. After these are gone, I will switch to the powder form and just mix it up with my protien drink. I don't take all of the vitamins everyday though. Actually, I rotate my vitamin intake so that my body is supplemented with variety and does not become acclimated to one specific supplemental regimin. I have been taking supplements for several years. I definitely agree that spending the extra $50 to save the time is more convenient. I have just been doing this for a long time and have studied herbs and remedies alot so it is a little easier for me. I think people should stick with whats working for them. There are some people though who may not be able to ever spend $150 on vitamins, this way they can experience the same dietary value that people who take Viviscal/Noixin are getting and experience that benefit.

Back