Viviscal & Nioxin UPDATES......

growingbrown

What is yours?

My update is I have taken Viviscal for 6 months twice a day. I am now in the middle of month seven taking viviscal once a day. I am also taking nioxin. I started taking nioxin once a day, now I am taking them twice a day. I have seen an increase in my hair growth. In a 3 month strech, my hair grew 2 1/2 inches. This is extremly a lot for me. I hope to get more in my next 3 month stretch using both of these products. I will keep everyone updated on my progress and hopefully have some pics soon. My hair is touching APL where as when I started it was just above my collar bone.

I am excited to continue with these vitamins and hope that the rest of you are seeing the same results or more. HHG...:grin:

Hmm.......I've been thinking about trying the viviscal, but it is kinda expensive! I wonder which one is giving you the better results? I may go ahead and try it, 2.5 inches in 3 months is really good! :)

amr501 said:
Hmm.......I've been thinking about trying the viviscal, but it is kinda expensive! I wonder which one is giving you the better results? I may go ahead and try it, 2.5 inches in 3 months is really good! :)

I would say the viviscal for the most part. These next three months I would not be able to tell you unless I grow more than 2 1/2 inches. Yes Viviscal is very expensive $49.95 for a thirty say supply but I was determined to grow my hair. Nioxin is cheaper and is available on ebay. Good Luck

i just started taking Viciscal ive been takin Nioxin for sometime and i may just be putting it to rest because ive been taking it for awhile but not seeing any difference...not sure just yet though....i brought my Viciscal from ebay also...i cant remember what the price was though...probably around the same amount...

cant wait to see ur pics to see how the vitamins are working for u...

You really have to give Viviscal a chance to build up in your system. I took it a while ago for a year to grow out my hair for prom and I went from about chin-length to mid-back with regular dustings and a couple trims.

keluric said:
You really have to give Viviscal a chance to build up in your system. I took it a while ago for a year to grow out my hair for prom and I went from about chin-length to mid-back with regular dustings and a couple trims.

How many and how often were you taking? Are you still taking them?

you ladies are gonna break a sista:lachen: I have been taking nioxin for 3 months and all I can say is WoW...but I will definitely look into these vivisical vitamins.

Last edited:
keluric said:

girl ive seen ur album u are a major inspriation for anyone that has either natural or relaxed hair....ur the reason why i ordered Viviscal...

Sounds awesome!! Do you have pictures?

growingbrown said:
What is yours?

My update is I have taken Viviscal for 6 months twice a day. I am now in the middle of month seven taking viviscal once a day. I am also taking nioxin. I started taking nioxin once a day, now I am taking them twice a day. I have seen an increase in my hair growth. In a 3 month strech, my hair grew 2 1/2 inches. This is extremly a lot for me. I hope to get more in my next 3 month stretch using both of these products. I will keep everyone updated on my progress and hopefully have some pics soon. My hair is touching APL where as when I started it was just above my collar bone.

I am excited to continue with these vitamins and hope that the rest of you are seeing the same results or more. HHG...:grin:

growingbrown said:
How many and how often were you taking? Are you still taking them?

I was taking the ones in the black box as well. I recently took the pink box pills for women but I don't think I like them as much. I'll get back on the ones in the black box sooner or later. I was taking the recommended two per day.

bluediamond0829 said:
girl ive seen ur album u are a major inspriation for anyone that has either natural or relaxed hair....ur the reason why i ordered Viviscal...

Thank you very much. I'm inching my way back to mid-back. Viviscal really works, I'm waiting to get back on it, my mother is a distributor so I need her to place an order soon :grin:

I just wanted to post an update. I need to start tracking my progress. I just discovered that my hair grew about 1/2 inch in TWO weeks. Now for me that's a lot of growth because I usually grow that amount in ONE month! I'm happy with 1 inch a month. I know for some of you that's normal, but for me 6 inches a year has been my "norm". With Nioxin I hope to get at least 8-10 inches by next year.

At this rate, I will!

Hurray. (Yes, I'm happy with the possibility of 1 inch per month). We'll see where my hair is in two weeks. I'm hoping it will reach an inch!

Lana

lana said:
I just wanted to post an update. I need to start tracking my progress. I just discovered that my hair grew about 1/2 inch in TWO weeks. Now for me that's a lot of growth because I usually grow that amount in ONE month! I'm happy with 1 inch a month. I know for some of you that's normal, but for me 6 inches a year has been my "norm". With Nioxin I hope to get at least 8-10 inches by next year.

At this rate, I will!

Hurray. (Yes, I'm happy with the possibility of 1 inch per month). We'll see where my hair is in two weeks. I'm hoping it will reach an inch!

Lana

Those results sound great. How long have you been taking Nioxin? How many do you take?

growingbrown said:
What is yours?

Are these viviscal pills big?

I'm so anxious to see pics.

I have been taking nioxin for a solid 2 going on 3 months. I am getting at least 3/4 of an inch a month. You can somewhat see the results in my siggy. I think I will continue these. I got mine off of ebay. I like the results. It's kind of hard to tell until about the 3 month mark, because I am stretching. I had a relaxer in September and I can say I have a good inch to 1 inch and a half of new growth!

I have been taking Nioxin for 4 months now. Yes, I got an inch this month of new growth. I'm amazed. But I also drank more water. My hair is growing faster than normal. I have to reorder Nioxin now. This is the only product that has ever really given me results. I hope they remain consistant.

Oh and because of that extra inch I went ahead and cut off my damaged ends. They're gone and my hair has never felt healthier.

Oh lord I'm trying to be good here but you guys now have me scoping out ebay. I'm already taking Nioxin (not as consistent as I should be) but what the hell...

Back