VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED...let the creativity flow!

Mandy4610

WARNING: viewig this thread may result in extreme addiction and obssession to hair accessories. Viewer discretion is advised:grin:

Ok, please post your hair accessories that you have created, or unsual things you have used as hair accessories(if you have not created anything please post your favourite accessories.

Here is my contribution.

Belt
DSC05099.jpg

Shirt strap
DSC05435.jpg

Necklace
DSC05449.jpg

Necklace
DSC05562.jpg

Bracelet
DSC05686.jpg

Bracelet
DSC05681.jpg

Choker (I think thats what its called)
DSC05677.jpg

Necklace
DSC05674.jpg

Necklace
DSC05671.jpg

Extra long necklace
DSC05669.jpg

YOUR TURN:grin:

Oh nice! I have nothing to ad, I just wanted to say how nice they look in your hair! My favorite is the white necklace, pretty! :yep: it looks goddess-ey (not a word lol).

WARNING: viewig this thread may result in extreme addiction and obssession to hair accessories. Viewer discretion is advised:grin:

Ok, please post your hair accessories that you have created, or unsual things you have used as hair accessories(if you have not created anything please post your favourite accessories.

Here is my contribution.

Necklace
DSC05449.jpg
That style looks awesome. :yep:

I like making accessories. I kind of fell back cause I have been a bit busy but I'm going to get back to doing them. So here are some I made. I make a lot for me an I give a lot to friends and family. Don't mind my edges I stretch my relaxers for a long time and I'm transitioning now.

make.jpg

Wrapping the satin ribbon around the head band and my variety of colors.

bleu.jpg

red.jpg

glass.jpg

Onmy way to work. Below is a closer look at it.

phes.jpg

Last edited:
I like making accessories. I kind of fell back cause I have been a bit busy but I'm going to get back to doing them. So here are some I make. I make a lot for me an I give a lot to friends and family. Don't min my edges I stretch my relaxers for a longer time and I'm transitioning now.

Wrapping the satin ribbon around the head band and my variety of colors.

red.jpg

Onmy way to work. Below is a closer look at it.

phes.jpg
I am liking these. I need to get some. Good job!

Subscribing. I have a ton of hair accessories. (I had accessory ADD and need my options). I like hte necklace idea. When I get home I will get out my camera and take some pictures.

I crocheted 2 tams that way I can still protect my hair with my bonnet out in public. I sewed an old bonnet into the white one. When I do braid out and twist out I can put that one on and go out if I need to. I can't go out in public with my braid out or twist out because I can't part my scalp to save my life. My mom used to tell me I had a lop sided head because she could never part it straight:lachen:. The pink, white and brown one I just toss on when I put on my bonnet in the house.I also crocheted a bun cover that has another piece of my old bonnet in it.

Last edited:
I crocheted 2 tams that way I can still protect my hair with my bonnet out in public. I sewed an old bonnet into the white one. When I do braid out and twist out I can put that one on and go out if I need to. I can't go out in public with my braid out or twist out because I can't part my scalp to save my life. My mom used to tell me I had a lop sided head because she could never part it straight:lachen:. The pink, white and brown one I just toss on when I put on my bonnet in the house.I also crocheted a bun cover that has another piece of my old bonnet in it.
Thats a great idea. When I buy some cute bonnets, I will keep that in mind.

Brittanie87- Do you have a tutorial or instructions on the tams?

I made the pink,brown, and white one with this pattern. I just swapped the colors each round instead and at the end I did the last rows with pink because I had ran out of brown.
http://chezcrochet.com/page60.html

The white one is from http://randomscreamer.blogspot.com/2008_06_02_archive.html.

You should go to Ravelry, you don't have to send an email and get an invite back anymore. They just let you sign up. There were a lot of free tam patterns on there.

Craftster is also another good site that you can occasionally free patterns on.

Last edited:
Mandi, you always have the best variety!

I used some craft ribbon (wavy patterned) on a twistout bun. Used it for both the headband and a bun decoration.
th_DSC05176.jpg

DSC05188.jpg

DSC05189.jpg

DSC05169.jpg

I used to work at AC Moore. They have these strands of beads and ect so that you can make your own jewelry and other things. I used a strip of those, with some thin gauge wire and wrapped it around some plain hair combs that they also had there. I got six of these out of one length of the bead thingies.

I also just realized that with those tams I can toss it over my shower cap when I'm DCing and go out the house.:scratchch

Last edited:
some kind of beaded bracelet
DSCN1181.jpg
Very nice!

Mandi, you always have the best variety!

I used some craft ribbon (wavy patterned) on a twistout bun. Used it for both the headband and a bun decoration.

DSC05169.jpg
Your hair looks soooooooo healthy. I love this headband. Nice and simple:yep:

I used to work at AC Moore. They have these strands of beads and ect so that you can make your own jewelry and other things. I used a strip of those, with some thin gauge wire and wrapped it around some plain hair combs that they also had there. I got six of these out of one length of the bead thingies.

I also just realized that with those tams I can toss it over my shower cap when I'm DCing and go out the house.:scratchch
Nice, very cute.

I'm in the process of knitting one of these. I'll post pics if it turns out wearable, lol!

Also a while ago a member posted a thread of how to make this head band with like a large circular bead and a stick thingy. Long shot, but does anyone know of the thread. I didn't bookmark it :sad:

Attachments

• f546c49e6754b882_whitney-headband.larger.jpg
    f546c49e6754b882_whitney-headband.larger.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm in the process of knitting one of these. I'll post pics if it turns out wearable, lol!

Also a while ago a member posted a thread of how to make this head band with like a large circular bead and a stick thingy. Long shot, but does anyone know of the thread. I didn't bookmark it :sad:
Thats so cute. Please do post when its done.

Back