[video] Relationship Straight Talk from a Male Psychologist (not Steve Harvey)

westNDNbeauty

I'm subbed to this guy. He wrote a book called The Ring Forumla. My friend read it and she said it's a good tool for us single ladies to have in our arsenal.

Note: This video is 50 mins long. Even if you were to fast fwd through some parts, I think no matter where you land you will hear something that will be beneficial or confirm your initial suspicions about men and how they view certain situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfpvxuj-_QE&feature=autoplay&list=LLoS2pRHeqt4M&index=2&playnext=1

I enjoyed that. I'm glad he had someone take the little girl out the room. I don't care how "mature" she is, it wasn't appropriate for a kid to hear that stuff. Thanks for posting.

I'm subbed to this guy. He wrote a book called The Ring Forumla. My friend read it and she said it's a good tool for us single ladies to have in our arsenal.

Note: This video is 50 mins long. Even if you were to fast fwd through some parts, I think no matter where you land you will hear something that will be beneficial or confirm your initial suspicions about men and how they view certain situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfpvxuj-_QE&feature=autoplay&list=LLoS2pRHeqt4M&index=2&playnext=1

thank goodness for kindle apps. I can down load this to my phone cheap and rad it!!! Love it!! thanks. Another book that is supposedly really really good and works...as in many women followed it and got married shortly after to Mr.right is " marry the man of you choice by margaret kent. Apparently back in the day (1986-1988) she used to sell the book for 97$. The price was 97$ because it worked period:yep::yep:.I read reviews about the book and I have never ever seen so many people claiming that it works and they are still Happily married to the man they got through the advice in the book. Unreal!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=202795&highlight=margaret+kent

Last edited:
I really enjoy Dr. Tartt. He spoke at my sister's fifth grade graduation last week (he's her principal's brother), and he is just as good at relating to children as he is to adults.

Love him.

I haven't watched the video since my laptop is being finicky, but I did read an excerpt from his book (I encourage all of you to do so!). I understand where he is coming from, but he did seem like the "cater to your man and wait for the ring to come" type :perplexed.

Not sure if I'll be pissed if I spend $10 on him. Any more thoughts?

I haven't watched the video since my laptop is being finicky, but I did read an excerpt from his book (I encourage all of you to do so!).I understand where he is coming from, but he did seem like the "cater to your man and wait for the ring to come" type :perplexed.

Not sure if I'll be pissed if I spend $10 on him. Any more thoughts?
I read The Ring Formula and (IMO) the bold is a pretty accurate description. IMO, his book advocates appealing to a man's ego and taking a "grin and bear it" approach to his faults as doing so will result in his reciprocating your desire to please (there, I saved you $10 :)). Like most men giving relationship advice nowadays (i.e. Steve Harvey and his ilk), he focuses on one type of relationship (traditional), one type of man (traditional), and one type of positive female role in relationships (traditional). He uses fictional scenarios (all of which feature successful, attractive, AAs) to demonstrate his concepts and the woman who gives the man the benefit of the doubt, cuts him some slack, and/or caters to his ego is ALWAYS the woman who gets what she wants. There's no talk of not getting what you want from a man who may misread subtle signals and there's no room to directly address an issue in which he may truly be in the wrong. Long story short: A traditional woman who is interested in pursuing a relationship with a traditional man may get some value from his book. Women who aren't bound to traditional gender roles (and are seeking a like-minded man) won't get much out of his book.

that was long...
i'm glad that he spoke out about the way children and teens are treated...especially the young girls and boys and relationships.
I hope he also writes something for the menz...

Im glad some found benefited from the loooooong discussion

I've never heard of Margret Kent. I might have to check that out.

Back