Vidal Sasson Professional Ionizer Hooded Dryer-The Worst!!!

so1913

Ladies, if you are looking for a hooded dryer and you come across the Vidal Sassoon Ionizer Hooded Dryer....KEEP WALKING!!! This is the WORST made dryer EVER. Looking at the box and the package, it appears as though you are getting a good product, but when you open it up, the dryer itself is built poorly and cheap, almost toy like. It has two speeds, High and Low...the High is EXTREMELY hot and the low is too cool, no in between. It's obnoxiously loud and does not dry evenly.

Thanks for the heads up....Been looking for one and I guess I'll continue to look. Where did you get it? At the BSS or a store like WalMart or Target? Are you going to take it back?

blackbarbie said:
Thanks for the heads up....Been looking for one and I guess I'll continue to look. Where did you get it? At the BSS or a store like WalMart or Target? Are you going to take it back?

I got it at Harmon's Cosmetics and Beauty Supply store. I'll either take it back or give it to my little cousin in college.

Lkaysgirl said:
Only two heat settings? I dont need any more convincing:ohwell:.

Yeah, on the box it said 4 settings...but I guess they count the ionizer "on" and ionizer "off" as two different heat settings. Whatever!

I almost bought this drier 2months ago and I'm so glad I went w/the gold-n-hot (at Sally's for only $19.99) it has cool, low, medium and high settings and is not made so cheap looking, that's one of the reasoons I didn't go with the Vidal one because it did look like it was for a child and looks way to small for rollersets.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I almost bought this drier 2months ago and I'm so glad I went w/the gold-n-hot (at Sally's for only $19.99) it has cool, low, medium and high settings and is not made so cheap looking, that's one of the reasoons I didn't go with the Vidal one because it did look like it was for a child and looks way to small for rollersets.

And I'm so mad because I had a gold'n hot from college I can't find!!!!

I've never been so angry at a purchase!!! I should have openned the box up and looked instead of rushing out without thoroughly checking it out :-(

I also purchased this dryer a year ago and it was a hot mess. :mad: I returned it ASAP and bought myself an ION dryer from Sally's and it's still going strong.:)

I agree with you...My mother,as a gift,had purchased this same hair dryer last year and it is crap...The product looks cheap as hell with only two heat settings... High is EXTREMELY hot and Low is hot...Where is warm and cool?...I couldn't take it back at the time b/c my mother had purchased it 4 me and I didn't want to be rude... I still have it but now in the process of buying a new dryer...i'm using it only for deep conditioning and i'll be giving it away to one of my girlfriends...My rollers can't hardly fit under the hood...I agree DoNot purchase.
Does anyone know of a good hair dryer that is under $100?

Back