very discouraged 4b...what should i do

jiyabree

I have a major trouble area in the back of my hair directly in the middle. It is destroying my progress. I am about 12wks post,no heat for about 2 months,moisturize and seal every night,co wash at least 2times a week, and im wearing a half wig as a protective style. I just cut off about 2 inches to try to even it out with the damage area. At this rate im never going to get any length. I dont want my hair growing real uneven, and because its directly n the middle its no hiding it. It seems like my hair has been the same length for about a year because of this issue. What should i do?:nono: for some reason i cant upload my pic

How often are you deep conditioning and how's your protein/moisture balance (what products are you using)?

Are you stressed?? The reason I ask is when I experienced stress I got a bald spot at the top of my head.. I also realized it was further due to my weave ponytail I would put up there.. Is this a area of tension that is being pulled by a clip or ponytail holder? Dont get discouraged just hold on. If you are protective styling so what its uneven at this point, it will fill in..Be patient growth will happen!!

Last edited:
I have a major trouble area in the back of my hair directly in the middle. It is destroying my progress. I am about 12wks post,no heat for about 2 months,moisturize and seal every night,co wash at least 2times a week, and im wearing a half wig as a protective style. I just cut off about 2 inches to try to even it out with the damage area. At this rate im never going to get any length. I dont want my hair growing real uneven, and because its directly n the middle its no hiding it. It seems like my hair has been the same length for about a year because of this issue. What should i do?:nono: for some reason i cant upload my pic

Are you relaxed/texlaxed/natural?

I deep condition at least once a week. Recently ive been using either silicon mix, aphrogee balancing moisturizing conditioner,or dpr-11. As far as my protein/moisture balance im still not a 100% about that. I definitely moisturize way more than i use protein. I might use a mild protein like aphrogee 2 min about once every 3 wks

humm, dang.

what length is your hair? if this happend to me and i was above SL, i would cut and start over. becuase the trimming is not helping, its just bringing you down making you feel discouraged. just cut it even and get it over with now, no point in snipping bits at a time, thats just a tease, so if you start fresh you will see your hair come in even, eventually making you feel good abiout the cut.

Im relaxed im about 12 wks post and im not stressed but there is a comb on the back of the half wigs that i use. I try not to stick it in but it does rub against my hair

AdoraAdora my hair is the same length as my avatar pic. I just cut about 2inches today to even it to the damaged part and i felt like i wanted to die

AdoraAdora my hair is the same length as my avatar pic. I just cut about 2inches today to even it to the damaged part and i felt like i wanted to die

dont feel like that, this is a good thing you did for your hair. is should be smooth sailing from here. when i cut my hair even, i felt "fresh 2 def"

it will grow back looking so good:yep:

I deep condition at least once a week. Recently ive been using either silicon mix, aphrogee balancing moisturizing conditioner,or dpr-11. As far as my protein/moisture balance im still not a 100% about that. I definitely moisturize way more than i use protein. I might use a mild protein like aphrogee 2 min about once every 3 wks

If it's still breaking and you're getting plenty moisture, maybe you sure try a heavy protein like the 2-step? Hmm and if you're still experiencing breakage maybe the damage requires a real trim.

If it's still breaking and you're getting plenty moisture, maybe you sure try a heavy protein like the 2-step? Hmm and if you're still experiencing breakage maybe the damage requires a real trim.
thankyou nymane i will try that

Im relaxed im about 12 wks post and im not stressed but there is a comb on the back of the half wigs that i use. I try not to stick it in but it does rub against my hair
This might be the culprit. If I were you I would do the protein treatment that was suggested by another poster to strengthen your hair. Then, follow that with a moisturizing conditioner. Next, I would find a new hairstyle that didn't put any stress, tension, or rubbing on any part of my head. Your problem area will probably improve quickly without the rubbing/irritation from the wig comb.

ETA..Once, I actually rubbed a bald spot in the nape of my neck from wearing turtleneck sweaters. Once I stopped wearing turtleneck sweaters the hair started to thrive.

Last edited:
Op, I just thought that I should say that I can pretty much relate, as this is what I'm going through right now too. I haven't gained much length in the year and a half of my hair journey. My hair was nearly APL last summer, but somewhere along the line I lost some hair and ended up having to trim away in January about an inch of thin ends back to SL :(. This has frustrated me, but I took it as a sign that maybe I just need to change something in my regimen. Sorry I don't have much advice, but I say just keep going at it, you just need to find out what you might need to change in your routine for your hair to change. These ladies have good advice also. :yep:

When I read 12 weeks post, I understood that to mean she's relaxed or texlaxed and it's 12 weeks since her last touch up.

Thanks for pointing that out Nonie...I just read right over that...:spinning:

OP, could that section be overprocessed? Years ago, I had a similar problem as you describe, and my problem was because my back section was damaged/overprocessed. If this is also your problem, trimming the damage may be the only answer. I hope your hair recovers soon. :)

Last edited:
The wig combs dry out the hair and sometimes they even snag the hair.

When I was wearing a wig with the combs, I would either 1)cut the comb out altogether or 2)oil the comb before inserting it.

Both proved to be very helpful. Never had issues with the comb.

Those methods may help you. Good luck.

Back