venting....comment if you want

Mena

Ok so I have been single for 6 months and sexless for the same amount of time. This is the longest I have been out of a relationship since I started dating. Now, I am working on being celibate. I went from getting all the guys to getting no play. I know I do not want to date guys but gees it would be nice to get a little attention. My friends are going on dates now when I was always the one dating before. The tables have turned and I am sitting home alone now or admiring guys from afar. Well, I could have gone on this date with a lawyer but I got bad vibes from him so I turned him down. Anyways, can I just get some dang attention from guys I like? I am used to being showered with attention now that I am celibate it is like nothing.

I definitely know how you feel! I'm taking a break from relationships for the rest of this year but I also wanted to at least date around. Well I haven't had any play, so I'm basically just spending a lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing when it comes to men. I don't know what the heck is wrong, but I feel ya.

But what do you think has changed? Why do you feel like you are no longer getting showered with attention?

I hear ya on the "admiring from afar" part. I'm so over that.

I definitely know how you feel! I'm taking a break from relationships for the rest of this year but I also wanted to at least date around. Well I haven't had any play, so I'm basically just spending a lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing when it comes to men. I don't know what the heck is wrong, but I feel ya.

But what do you think has changed? Why do you feel like you are no longer getting showered with attention?

I hear ya on the "admiring from afar" part. I'm so over that.

Before, I put myself out there more. I would go out to parties and clubs more. Now, I just kick it with the girls or family. I am not as outgoing.

Ok so I have been single for 6 months and sexless for the same amount of time. This is the longest I have been out of a relationship since I started dating. Now, I am working on being celibate. I went from getting all the guys to getting no play. I know I do not want to date guys but gees it would be nice to get a little attention. My friends are going on dates now when I was always the one dating before. The tables have turned and I am sitting home alone now or admiring guys from afar. Well, I could have gone on this date with a lawyer but I got bad vibes from him so I turned him down. Anyways, can I just get some dang attention from guys I like? I am used to being showered with attention now that I am celibate it is like nothing.

I know that I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but I really think guys can "sense" celibacy. Are you planning on remaining celibate for awhile? If you are, then trust... you are sending out "celivibes" and guys can sense that from a mile away. They will say things like, oh I thought you were cute, but I didn't want to say anything because you look "uppity", and "conservative", but they are really responding to those "celivibes" you are sending out unconsciously. :yep:

I know it sounds crazy, but I really, REALLY think its the truth.

But hey, everyone goes through "dry phases", so enjoy it while it lasts cuz when it rains it pours.

Everyone has dry periods. That seems like what you are going through. Also since you aren't putting yourself out there as much, you aren't meeting very many men. That could also be attributed to your lack of dates.

I know that I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but I really think guys can "sense" celibacy. Are you planning on remaining celibate for awhile? If you are, then trust... you are sending out "celivibes" and guys can sense that from a mile away. They will say things like, oh I thought you were cute, but I didn't want to say anything because you look "uppity", and "conservative", but they are really responding to those "celivibes" you are sending out unconsciously. :yep:

But hey, everyone goes through "dry phases", so enjoy it while it lasts cuz when it rains it pours.

I think I might be sending about these type of vibes because I realize I'm not approached as much as my friend who isn't celibate. But who knows?

To the OP, IA with those who suggest just enjoying the dry phases.

maybe this is it...oh well i plain on being sexless for a long time...ill have to tough it out

Celibacy is a choice and that's not what it sounds like you are right now. You sound sexless and there's a difference. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like your're frustrated because you aren't getting any, but if there was an open opportunity for you to get some then you wouldn't be celibate. :look:

Celibacy is a choice and that's not what it sounds like you are right now. You sound sexless and there's a difference. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like your're frustrated because you aren't getting any, but if there was an open opportunity for you to get some then you wouldn't be celibate. :look:

I do not want sex at all. I do like attention though. Just because I do not want to have sex/serious relationship should not mean I go attention less. I still want to get stares or looks or dates or something gees. :ohwell:

Back