Vent: Another Big Chop & Now I'm Really BALD!!!

CreoleBelle

Hello Ladies,

As I'm getting ready for work this morning, I'm becoming more and more frustrated. I had my first big chop on 3/31/07, and then had my hair flat ironed. I went back to my stylist and had it washed this past Wednesday and she trimmed a little of it to make it even. Well, there were still some relaxed parts on the front and sides that needed to go.

So, yesterday I went to this natural salon and asked for a trim. My back was facing the mirror as my hair was being cut, but it felt like a lot was falling to the ground. By the time all was said and done, I was bald!! I have maybe 2 inches of hair on my head now. I transitioned for 6 months and had at least 4-5 inches when I decided to do the BC. I figured she cut so much because she wanted my hair to be even with my sides and nape, but all of my hair still won't grow even. Those are the shortest parts, and they grow the slowest.

I really wasn't expecting this, and now I feel so much regret. I just wish I would have waited to cut my hair, or had it cut somewhere else. I just don't know how to go to work looking like this.

Don't worry... be encouraged. And you're not bald! Your hair will most definitely grow back. It's not going to stay 2 inches. Now that she trimmed all the relaxed hair off, you should be set to grow longer natural hair. My hair used to be shorter than yours...I was almost bald...less than half an inch in length, and my hair grew back and it's still growing.

And you can go to work with your hair that length. Before going to work, just co-wash it, and fluff it into the shape you want. I also see that you used a flat iron before you got a trim, avoid using heat as much as possible when growing out your natural hair. You don't want to sacrifice length again from any potential heat damage.

Hope that helps. Happy hair growing! :kiss:

CreoleBelle said:
Hello Ladies,

As I'm getting ready for work this morning, I'm becoming more and more frustrated. I had my first big chop on 3/31/07, and then had my hair flat ironed. I went back to my stylist and had it washed this past Wednesday and she trimmed a little of it to make it even. Well, there were still some relaxed parts on the front and sides that needed to go.

So, yesterday I went to this natural salon and asked for a trim. My back was facing the mirror as my hair was being cut, but it felt like a lot was falling to the ground. By the time all was said and done, I was bald!! I have maybe 2 inches of hair on my head now. I transitioned for 6 months and had at least 4-5 inches when I decided to do the BC. I figured she cut so much because she wanted my hair to be even with my sides and nape, but all of my hair still won't grow even. Those are the shortest parts, and they grow the slowest.

I really wasn't expecting this, and now I feel so much regret. I just wish I would have waited to cut my hair, or had it cut somewhere else. I just don't know how to go to work looking like this.

I shaved my hair 2 times with my husbands clippers a few years ago. The hair I just let grow. I could use less conditioner and shampoo. But for me working the look consisted of pretty makeup, I love my lips so that is what I made stand out. Pretty earrings, and feminine clothes. You might consider using products to help with growth like Boundless Tresses. Before you know it you will have your length back and more.

Oh sweetie im sorry to here that...well ur hair looks nice with the cut, but she really did cut alot...but i think ur hair looks nice,but if u don't want to wear it than wear a wig or some braids, it will grow and i know it set u back, but it will grow

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I really needed this today. When I arrived at work, I received numerous compliments. Although everyone says my haircut looks good on me, I'm still in shock I guess. I don't know if I'll get braids since I don't want to pull on my sides, but I'm really considering a wig. I don't want to wear one, but that seems like my only option right now.

Your curls are beautiful. I cant wait to not have to deal with all these str8 ends. Get you some flowers and headbands, before your know it youll have your puff. I would use this time as a way to focus on health and exercise and stuff. That would get you mind off your hair and now with the twa you can wash daily. Enjoy it and take advantage it looks great. hth:)

Back