Vaseline-on-ends users ..

Kaela

I have been combining different things together to soften my ends, and this mix is working really well for me. I got tired of mixing it in my hand so I made a tiny batch in a little pot so I'd have it to use each night. Here is what I'm using (approximately):

1 tablespoon vaseline
1 tablespoon shea butter
1/2 teaspoon light oil
4-5 drops serum

I wouldn't use this much in one night but I wanted to give you an idea of the proportions. This has worked really nicely on damp ends when I have them up in a bun or mini buns. I particularly like it because even if the ends accidentally get exposed to air, they don't dry out crispy.

I really like mixing products to see what happens and in this case I'm very pleased.

I just used what I had here...I used hairobics detangling oil, and Tigi Girls Toys serum. But when I mix it in my hand, I've used other things. I think sweet almond, jojoba, etc would work fine, and I added the serum mainly to make it smooth and mix easily. I don't think its all that dependant on the oil and serum.
wink.gif
(i did it mainly for scent too)

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
Can you over moisturize your hair, because somtimes I notice that my hair snaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has happened to me before, when I used too much of something. For example, I can't use too much oil moisturizer (if any at all), and the one time that I tried curl moisturizer it really messed it up (breakage). I was sad because it works so well for everyone else.

So instead I just wash every couple of days, and then in the meantime I'll spritz my hair slightly damp to moisten it and make it easier to comb through, but not so that its dripping. I have avoiding breaking this way. It was a lot of trial and error though. I haven't had 'over' moisturizing problems with vaseline on the ends though.

Back