Vacation time!!

gvsugirl

I'm leaving for mexico this saturday and I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my hair. I am trying to avoid braids b/c they dont help my hair whatsoever. My stepmom is getting 'twists'. she says its like getting braids except the hair is twisted all the way down. has anyone had any experience with these and how long they last and the effect on your hair? Plus what are some good tips on keeping your hair healthy with all the salt water,sun , and chlorine?

I would do twist-outs!! You can wet up your hair at the beach every day, then just come home and condition wash, and twist it up - you can even twist it up into a cute style to wear if youre going out at night - then take the twists out in the a.m. and start all over again!!

Have a blast!!!

girl, i wanna go too!!!!!
where are you going in mexico???
when i go on vacation i usually dampen my hair in the morning and then put some thick conditioner in it. sometimes i even add some olive oil or monoi oil. then i either wear it in two braids, one braid, a bun, a french braid (you get the picture... some protective style). that's for during the day. i try not to go under the water with my hair, but of course sometimes you can't avoid it. so when i get out of the water i just try to rinse it well at one of those showers at the beach.
at night when i shower i shampoo only the scalp, rinse and then put my deep conditioner in my hair for about 10 or 15 minutes (maybe even for less time). then i rinse and style as usual (no heat).
i hope you have all the fun.....

nay

Thanx girls! Nay, I'm going to cancun
alcoholics.gif
(with the fam) and I am so excited! Thanx for the tips! I gotta make sure I get plenty sunblock and a wide brim hat for my hair! And sunglasses!!!
cool.gif
cheers.gif

Back