Vacation Hair (please come in)

Ediese

Hello Ladies!!

Okay so here is the thing. I'm finally going back home for 2 weeks after being in the US for 7 years. (left the Virgin Islands to go to college and never went back) :sad: I've decided to finally surprise my family, and go home next month. My younger cousin is getting married, so this will be a perfect time to go home because all my family will be there. I've already bought my ticket, but I haven't told anyone because I want it to be a surprise. I'm planning on just showing up at the wedding. :grin:

I've been contemplating on what to do with my hair. After someone has been away for so long, everyone EXPECTS them to look their utmost best. :ohwell: Since I'm transitioning and my hair is the longest it has EVER been, I really want to go home with my hair straightened, so I can show off my beautiful hair and hear all the comments about it being a weave. (Back home I wore glued in weaves ever since I was 12 y/o, so no one would even think that my hair is real) The only drawback is that if I wear my own hair I would have to keep messing with it after I go swimming each day. I'm already thinking that I'll be at the beach daily. Houston does not have a beach, so I have to soak it all up. :yep: Back home, they have original dominican salons, so I could probably get my hair roller set and the roots blown out, but when I get back in the water -- that's it.:nono: I still have relaxed ends, so wash n gos don't work.

On the other hand, I could just get weaved up again but then I won't get to show off all my progress. I'm sure I won't hear the end of them asking me why I always wear weaves.:lachen:Most of my fam. have locs, and dont' like the fake hair thing. My mother and two brothers have locs, and so does most of my cousins. The only thing though is that I wouldn't have to worry about messing with my hair too much after getting in the water. I would just cowash with the weave, and keep it moving.

Decisions...Decisions...what's a girl to do?? Please help any suggestions will be appreciated. Oh..I hate braids so I can't do that.

You could go with your hair straight just to shock em':lachen: Then after that just do low mani hair styles like braidouts/ twistout cause I know you gonna hit the beach:grin:

kIKI82

i agree, so with your hair straight and look like the freaking bomb .. then lol ask one of your family members to do some cornrows ... so you wont be fussing with it while there. Or you can even do those buns that you have been rocking

i agree, so with your hair straight and look like the freaking bomb .. then lol ask one of your family members to do some cornrows ... so you wont be fussing with it while there. Or you can even do those buns that you have been rocking

Yup, that's exactly what I was gonna say.
Press it out and go for the wow appeal and the "You lyin' that's a weave" remarks. Then get it cornrowed. You should be able to find someone to do it.

Do you know how to cornrow? You could just put in 4 cornrows for the times that you're in the water. Wash it while still braided and then release it for braidouts when it is dry.

Normally, I get my hair done 1-3 prior to my trip. So the first day people see me, I look like I should be in a shampoo commercial. Then I wash, DC and let air dry. Or I do twist-outs, buns, ponytails, whatever. Have fun on your trip!

Yall are killing me!:lachen: :lachen: I know you guys would understand where I'm coming from, and not think I was being shallow or anything. Very good advice ladies. Thanks so much. I'm definitely going to get it straightened. I could save that money that I was going to get my hair done, and put it towards my car rental. I'll just put my hair back in a bun, or corn row it back. Thanks so much for answering.

Back