Vacation Hair...HELP!!!!

Teshila

Hi Everyone,

I finally stopped lurking! I have spent so much time on this board and have received invaluable advice and tips. Thank you! I have made very good progress in my hair journey, but in a couple of weeks I will be going on vacation and am wondering what to do with my hair. Since I will be on the beach, my main concern is getting my hair wet (I dont want to blow dry it often). <font color="purple"> </font> <font color="purple"> </font> I have considered a weave or braids, but am not an expert on either. Please let me know what my best options would be. Thank you ladies!!!

Well, If I was going to be vacationing at the beach, I'd definitely just wear my hair in a twist-out the whole time. If you go swimming, you can just shampoo &amp; condition your hair at night, then twist it up and let it dry overnight -- then start over again the next day.
drunk.gif

Otherwise, I'd just wear it in a bun or ponytail every day.

Actually I'd probably spend half the time with my hair in a twist-out and the other half with it in a ponytail/bun, just because it might get to be a pain twisting up my hair every night...
ohwell.gif

I second Lindy...The braidout/twist out is an invaluabe style. You can look hip, classy, or sassy if you sport this due.

This was one of my staple styles when I was in Miami this summer.

I'd get cornrolls. That way you wouldn't have to deal with frizzing (if ur going 2 a hot climate) and the overall hassle of doing ur hair daily.

I don't know how long your hair is, but lately I wear two tight braids (think Pocahontas) during vacation days to the beach or to the slopes snowboarding. That way my hair gets wet with minimal tangling, and the style does not change all day.

At the end of the day, I can wash, rinse, and condition with the braids still intact, only undoing them to detangle and comb.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I'd get cornrolls. That way you wouldn't have to deal with frizzing (if ur going 2 a hot climate) and the overall hassle of doing ur hair daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, cornrows. I always get cornrows when I go away so I can get up and go, there is not time to waste washing and conditioning and braiding.

I agree with CH girl you are going on vacation you don't want to be hassled with braid outs or buns. I would cornroll or get some nice braids.
smile.gif

Thank you. The cornrow idea sounds good. My friend was talking about a wavy human hair weave sew in. Anyone with experience with this? Maybe I could do both...cornrows in the front...weave in the back
antlers.gif
scratchchin.gif

Back