Vacation Hair.... Help

BrownBetty

Hey ladies,

I am going away in a week.... carribean here I come!!! So of course I am going to be swimming at the beach and laying out in the sun. So what do I do with my hair? I am 8 weeks post touchup, I am not relaxing until I come back. I was thinking braid outs and bantu knots. How do I wash out the salt from my hair? Can I just use regular shampoo or should I do CW? Also are there any products I can use to help with the sun? Please help!! I am trying to be cute but I don't want to cause my hair harm.

Thanks!
MV

I wore braids. I would also make sure to packed the clarifying poo. Have fun on your trip!

MissVee said:
Thanks letitia, I can't tolerate braids. I have tried but my hair is not having it!

I understand. I only kept mine in for that one week. I hope you find something you can work with and look cute at the same time. I would do braid outs now. :lol:

I would suggest co-wash and braidout. I just got back from the bahamas. I managed to get in the water and not get my hair wet. I did't have to swim cause I can't swim well anyway.

So just cowash your hair after you get out the water. let it hair dry. You will still look cute walking around with airdry hair. In the evening you can moisturize then braid. My roomate can do this thing with her hair where she twist it in a tight bun then tie her hair. when she wake up her hair is not all poofy and she has some wave to it.

No braids.

What about a moisture/protien pony w/fake bun? Not for swimming, but for hitting the club come nightfall? *Baggie it up*

I dont know about the braidouts/bantu knots. How much time aday w/you be in the water vs how long does it normally take your hair to air dry?

Lotus said:
No braids.

What about a moisture/protien pony w/fake bun? Not for swimming, but for hitting the club come nightfall? *Baggie it up*

I dont know about the braidouts/bantu knots. How much time aday w/you be in the water vs how long does it normally take your hair to air dry?

I have never worn a fake bun or ponytail and I really don't want to try to learn anything new before I go. I have only baggied 2x it was a disaster... I want to spend a fair amount of time in the water.. I think I will try the braid outs for the nite time and just let it airdry during the day.

Thanks y'all!

MV

I say do braidouts and conditioner wash as needed. If you're going to wash often, I would avoid shampoo since it may dry your hair out over time. I would use a cone free cheapie con to CW whenever I felt like it. This is actually what I'm planning to do on vacation over the next couple weeks. I don't want to worry about transporting products and all of that jazz so I'm just going to buy a bottle of WRTC and take some oil and a little leave-in and call it a day. :)

Also, you may want to check and see if your leave-in has a sunscreen in it. If not, you may want to look into getting one that does or getting a product designed to product hair from the sun. Bumble & Bumble makes a nice one that isn't sticky and doesn't create buildup. I take it with me whenever I go to the beach and reapply as often as I apply sunscreen to my body.

Have fun! :)

Divine Inspiration said:
I say do braidouts and conditioner wash as needed. If you're going to wash often, I would avoid shampoo since it may dry your hair out over time. I would use a cone free cheapie con to CW whenever I felt like it. This is actually what I'm planning to do on vacation over the next couple weeks. I don't want to worry about transporting products and all of that jazz so I'm just going to buy a bottle of WRTC and take some oil and a little leave-in and call it a day. :)

Also, you may want to check and see if your leave-in has a sunscreen in it. If not, you may want to look into getting one that does or getting a product designed to product hair from the sun. Bumble & Bumble makes a nice one that isn't sticky and doesn't create buildup. I take it with me whenever I go to the beach and reapply as often as I apply sunscreen to my body.

Have fun! :)

Thanks!

What is WRTC? Can I get Bumble & Bumble from Sephora?

As far as styling I can't come up with anything right now. But for hair health, I would suggest that you get a swimmer's shampoo/conditioner (Aubrey Organics), I would put on a healthy amount of the swimmer's conditioner on my hair prior to going in the swimming pool or ocean water. The Ocean/salt water alone will dry out your hair and change it's color, you'll see the little island kiddies with sandy/blondish hair color...most of the time this is due to the high salt content and the HOT HOT sun.

Back