V05 Kiwi & Lime

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Hi Ladies :wave:,

I usually don't have too many raves about different products because I tend to stick to my staples, but I have been wearing braids and sew-ins off and on for almost a year now so I wanted to get serious about clarifying when my braids come out. Well I read some where on the board that some one used the V05 Kiwi and Lime for a clarifier and since it is so affordable I said why not, I'll give it a try. Well, I went ahead and got the conditioner as well so I wouldn't have to use my moisturizing poo afterwards.

So I'm using the poo and everything is going great (my hair is still feeling soft), then once rinse out came I immediately thought that I had made a HUGE mistake!!! I was thinking, dang, I wanted to clarify, but I think I have just created a tangled mess. I mean, whatever build up I must have had on my hair could not have survived because it really felt stripped. Then I went ahead and proceeded to use the conditioner, so I put it in and let it sit while I finished showering. To make a long story short, I rinsed the conditioner out and immediately felt a difference. My hair felt softer than it had felt before I had even ever used the Kiwi & Lime poo. It was like an Herbal Essence commercial the way I started laughing in the shower :lol:. I was just amazed at how the conditioner had really brought the softest back after that thorough clarifying!!!

So the moral of this story is...Don't sleep on these products because they cost .87 at your local Wal-Mart. I don't know how they work separately, but as a combo they can't be beat for the price ;).

Yah, that herbal essences comment was HILARIOUS..LOL This stuff is great!! I use the conditioner as my clarifying no poo..

I'm so laughing at MW! lol. That was sooo...visual!

I actually use the VO5 Kiwi&Lime poo for clarifying...but you've now pushed me to try the conditioner for clarifying. *thumbs up for the review!*

So far I have only used the VO5 conditioners and not the shampoos because of the main ingredients. I love to use the Kiwi and lime conditioner as a clarifyer too. It makes my hair very soft. I am glad you discovered this great cheapie product:) like myself after joining this board.

Back