Using Yaki Hair For Braids

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I've had my braids done with the Yaki hair for almost a month. I did not have any hair breakage once I removed them from my head. It almost feels like regular human hair when you pre-wash it in a solution of warm water and ACV. Can you use it when you braid your hair?

Note: Yaki hair is not Toyokan or Kanekalon hair. It is 100% synthetic. TIA </font>

I LOVE the yaki hair for braids. The last time I had medium sized "individual" braids using yaki hair and I absolutely love it because washed hair weekly (moisturizing shampoo &amp; rinse once only) and the hair just seemed to look better with each wash -- the ends stayed nice and curled and soft. Really really like it.

<font color="purple">Thanx for the info, Pooh. Where I live here in Indy, several BSS carry that brand name Yaki hair. When I'm out, I'll stop over at Connie's and pick up 2 bags of it along with some braid spray. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">Thanx for the info, Pooh. Where I live here in Indy, several BSS carry that brand name Yaki hair. When I'm out, I'll stop over at Connie's and pick up 2 bags of it along with some braid spray. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Babycurls,

What part of Indiana r u from???

I live right near the Ohio River in Louisville, KY!
smile.gif

BabyCurls yes you can use Yaki hair for braids. I use this type of hair when I braid my sister's hair in microbraids. But make sure never to use heat on it like a curling iron or flat iron. And if you wash your hair be sure to keep it detangled because it can become really tangled if it's not handled right.

<font color="purple">Hey, Poohbear! I'm from Indianapolis. You ought to come up here and check out everything this city has to offer. Also, since I'm in Central Indiana, I'm only 1 hour from you. So we might as well be neighbors from then on. </font>

<font color="purple">Thanx, rica. I never use heat on this type of hair. I only use boiling water to seal my ends from unraveling after braiding. Is there a detangler specially formulated for Yaki hair, or would a regular detangler be the case? </font>

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">Hey, Poohbear! I'm from Indianapolis. You ought to come up here and check out everything this city has to offer. Also, since I'm in Central Indiana, I'm only 1 hour from you. So we might as well be neighbors from then on. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Indianapolis once when I went to that big mall up there that has 3 or 4 stories and I've rode through Indy to get to Michigan to visit family several times. That mall is awesome! I'll be sure and make a visit!

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Indianapolis once when I went to that big mall up there that has 3 or 4 stories and I've rode through Indy to get to Michigan to visit family several times. That mall is awesome! I'll be sure and make a visit!

Back