Using products the right way

katie

Has anyone noticed they could use the same product in different ways and get very different results.
Last night I used Loreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Treatment the way the bottle recommends and absolutely loved it(Allandra was right!).I had used it once before and left it on all day(bad!) and my hair felt literally like straw til my next wash.My hair was so soft and moisturized when I used it correctly.

Aubrey Organics GPB and Jojoba Aloe are also like this for me.I have to use them for very long periods of time(even overnight) to get good results.I used to use GPB for conditioner washes and it did absolutely nothing for me.I absoltuely love both of these products when I use them for long periods.

Anyone know of anything else like that?

yeah me...thinking that i would get extra benefits by using the garner 3 minute masque for 20 min with heat. boy was i wrong my hair was hard and dull. the next time i just followed the directions and BINGO it worked.

Even though I like the Loreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Treatment, there is something about it that is not like the typical oil. It seems to have a soapy thing going on, almost like a second cleansing agent and that's what stopped me from leaving in my hair for longer than recommended.

I use the both the Root Health and Break Free from the Profective line as Instant Detanglers on damp hair prior to and post shampooing.

I discovered it makes my hair so manageable and the slip effect after the shampoo is unbelievable! This works great for me.
wink.gif

However, I will not leave it in all day because they both leave a sticky film on my hair and dryness comes afterwards.

Combat dryness is essential, especially here in Japan.

I agree. I've found certain conditioners, particulary those with silicones and are 'smoothing' ones work best when left on cold with no heat.

I've used the Loreal Oil once and not as directed and didn't like it. Next time I'll try it as per the bottle directions
smile.gif

I've also found the way the product is put on the hair affects it too. I have to section the hair as I put conditioner in and preferably, comb it through with a wide tooth comb.

Back