Using MTG w/ Braids??

RabiaElaine

Is there a way to use MTG while having braids without having all of that gunk build up at the base? I am about to order some to apply to my roots and scalp. I don't want to have breakage in because of gunk build up while detangling, when I take these braids out in 6 weeks.

I really want to try this stuff because of everything I've been reading on the board.

Let me know MTGers!

I don't know what to tell you....
I just wash my braids twice a week....
One with clarifying shampoo, and the other is a regular wash.......
After each shampoo I apply the MTG.....

I used it with a sewin weave and had no build up. Washed 1-2x a week, MTGed after washings.

So you should only apply MTG right after washing? Not everyday? Or only everyday if you are washing or cowashing daily?

Thanks for the answers thus far :).​

i apply MTG about 2x a week..i do get build up..i wash my hair 1x every 2 wks..and touuch up my braid every 2 wks...especially around the hair line where i tend to get the most build up..also if u keep ur hair moisturized..when ur removing the build up, it should not be a huge problem b/c ur hair will be soft ..and u just need to break up the build up with ur fingers gently, and after taking out each braid...i would not reccommend taking out all the braids and then combing out all the build up at 1 time..

I used MTG with my cornrows for 2 weeks and I got very little buildup. I had my MTG mixed in with a few other products so it watered it down maybe but I did'nt get any major buildup. With my box braids I'm going to use my MTG mixture 2 x's a week and wash once every 2 weeks till its time to touchup again in 4 more weeks.

Next relaxer touchup: Sept. 5th, 2005
Current hair length: 2 inches past brastrap( when blown out straight)
Shrinkage state: 3 -4 inches above brastrap
Hair goal for 2005: 5 inches past brastrap (shrinkage state)

Do you apply MTG to the scalp? If not how is it applied usually, considering the fact that I have individual braids.Thanks :)

RabiaElaine said:
Do you apply MTG to the scalp? If not how is it applied usually, considering the fact that I have individual braids.Thanks :)
I put it in an applicator bottle and apply to scalp.

Back