Using MN with a color rinse

shortt29

Does using MN with a color rinse have any effect on the color? Like does it strip the color, change the color? Should I wait 2 weeks after relaxer and color (once again a rinse) before using MN?

I didn't have any problems with the two together.
but I don't put MN on the hair- just the scalp.

I have a jazzing color rinse (cellophane) in my hair.
the thing with rinses are that they are temporary. So they wash away in a couple of weeks. When you use them with heat (sit under a dryer to activate) they last a bit longer. The more often you wash the sooner it will fade. If you use a strong shampoo- clarifying, etc., it's gone sooner. If you deep condition- gone sooner. If you use a shampoo for color treated hair, it lasts a bit longer.

but to answer your question- no, IMO there is no problem with using MN right before/after coloring and touching up. MN oxidates the scalp. I'm not sure oxidation lifts the cuticle (which is how the color washes out.)

what you will see is new growth sooner- that means your roots will show!! but this is a good thing :grin:

suggested reading: Sistaslick's Porosity Control (part 2) on Color Rinses, to help you understand how they work and what they do. After you read this, you'll see it has nothing to do with what MN is helping with. It's well written.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/83046/sistaslick.html

HTH!!!

Back