Using M-T-G?

Trea

I received my M-T-G, yesterday. And of course, I was excited to start using it. So, I washed my hair last night and applied it to my hair and scalp.

(I must say that stuff smells like TAR :eek: .)

My question to you (the people that have used it) is:

Is it normal for my scalp to be tingling? My goodness :ohwell: , I went to work today and my scalp was tingling from last night...And guess what.. It's tingling right now :lol: :lol: . Is this normal? Wow. I've checked my scalp to make sure it was healthy and it's fine. :) But, I'll tell 'yall the truth... My head feels like I have mentholatum (sorry about the spelling) on my scalp. I'm not going to wash it out though,unless I start getting breakage or sores.
Thanks in advance ;)
[/SIZE]

Bumping ....
Search the site there are alot of threads out there about the effects of MTG.

For my my scalp did not tingle. Just be worried if it starts to irrate and cause your scalp to burn.

Hope this helps.

OK... I believe I found out what was causing the burning sensation... I was using SURGE(#14) W/ the M-T-G to tune down the smell.

So I said there have to be one of these products causing me to tingle this bad... So I washed my hair and let it air dry.

Then I parted my hair in small portions and squirted M-T-G (straight) onto my scalp.. I then massaged my scalp for 5 minutes.

I then put my hair up in a plastic cap overnight. I checked on my hair this morning and it felt fine. No scalp tingling, burning or itching :clapping: , but my ends felt a bit dry ( I only put a little M-T-G on them, because that's what the directions said to do)...

I added some ORS OLIVE OIL (lotion), to my ends ONLY! I put my hair back in the plastic cap. I just checked my hair again (5hrs. later) and my hair feel sooooooo soft :D OH MY GOODNESS.

I will be leaving the SURGE ALONE! It's not for me :look:

Yes, surge causes tingles for me but it's gone a few minutes after I first put it on. You might be having a reaction to it for the tingles to last that long.

Please don't take this the wrong way--but is it healthy to use a product made for animals on your scalp?

i have used the surge product and had to stop b/c it made my scalp peal...i have been using the MTG, and i have had no tingling at all..so far so good

mkh_77 said:
Please don't take this the wrong way--but is it healthy to use a product made for animals on your scalp?

It is a product made for people. It also works on animals. There are several products like this including Mane and Tail products, totally different from MTG. It is healthy. As with every product, there are people who have allergic reactions to the sulfur or another ingredient in the product. This product has improved the quality of my hair so much, that I can't stop singing its praises. I want everyone to benefit like I have. :)

Yes from what I understand, a few of us have written in to the manufacturer inquiring about the use as it pertains to man or animal. The response given was that it was ORIGINALLY made for humans but then discovered to work on horses in the maintenance of their mane. Many posters here have made their own versions of MTG to feel more safe therefore having more control as to what they put in the mixture and while they ALL havent had as great results as the original users, it can be a peace of mind knowing that YOU made it.

asummertyme said:
i have used the surge product and had to stop b/c it made my scalp peal...i have been using the MTG, and i have had no tingling at all..so far so good

I agree with you on this. MY scalp started peeling with Surge, not dandruff but the very top layer of my scalp was coming off around my edges in layers, big ones. I still use it but in smaller amounts, the more concentrated it is on your scalp, the larger possibility of a reaction.

Also, if I let it run down my back or shoulders and THEN go into the sun I burn very easily. So be ware..

Annakei said:
I agree with you on this. MY scalp started peeling with Surge, not dandruff but the very top layer of my scalp was coming off around my edges in layers, big ones. I still use it but in smaller amounts, the more concentrated it is on your scalp, the larger possibility of a reaction.

Also, if I let it run down my back or shoulders and THEN go into the sun I burn very easily. So be ware..

Sorry to hear about the burn!!

Just to refresh, the bottle does advise against applying and having sun exposure (causes sunburns) so you ladies should really be careful during the summer months. The bottle recommends using in the evenings to prevent burns...

LaLa

vikkisecret said:
Ok I just got my touchup last week on Thurs...I want to start using the MTG again but when should I start ladies..help???

What did MTG do for you? I am just finding out about this stuff, what is in it that is causing growth?

DDHair said:
What did MTG do for you? I am just finding out about this stuff, what is in it that is causing growth?

The MTG made my hair grow faster but I didnt use it as often as I should have but this time around I will be using everyother day for maximum results until I relax in late Nov or early Dec.

I'm not really sure what is causing the growth but there is sulfer in the product and other ingredients that are there specifically to maximize hair growth power. :D HTH

Back