Using Hooded Dryers

Paris Belle

I use a hooded dryer every week when I do a wash and set. I use it on high and was told that it was okay (most salons do this) because the hot air is distributed around the head evenly unlike blow driers which are a more direct heat. Do you agree? Do you think the heat setting makes a difference?

Yes, I think it DOES make a difference. When I get a roller set at the salon, I never let them put the dryer on high or put me under that SUPER HOT dryer most little salons here in NYC seem to have. I mean, come on, if they need to put little "protective devices" over your ears to shield them from the heat IMAGINE what it's doing to your hair!

I think a dryer can be TOO hot. I can use my home dryer on high without it burning my ears, but I've come to the conclusion that High is still too hot. I dry on Warm.

If the air is extremely hot coming out the dryer, I really don't see how that is much different then blasting your hair with blowdryers at all angles at once. (Was that clear? /images/graemlins/look.gifSorry, I'm getting tired now.)

I agree, when I do use a hood dryer, I use it on warm. Hot air, is hot air, is hot air, it doesn't matter if it's evenly distributed or not. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yes heat setting does make a difference. Alot of time salons will pu the dryer on high because they need to keep people moving in and out. The warm or cool setting are better to use at home.

Back