using henna to dye black hair

Fhrizzball

For those who used henna to dye your hair when it's already naturally black, do you notice a big color difference? And comparison pictures would be much appreciated as well. I'm considering doing henna but my hair is pretty black so I don't know if any color will show up well besides indigo. The thing with indigo though is I don't know if I make my hair any darker it would compliment my complexion and I keep hearing how some indigo has PPD's which isn't healthy for you.

So any feedback would be lovely.

My hair is not black but is a dark brown and I brought henna and indigo and after the first henna application I see that I didn't even need to buy the indigo as I didn't see any red in my hair. And if it was there it was so slight not worth even worrying about it.

Since your hair is already dark, Henna won't lighten it but it might show up red in the light. Tha's about it though.

Which brand of indigo are you looking to buy? Usually it's the commercial brands sold as black henna is where you will find the PPDs.

There are some great web sites where you can buy authentic henna & indigo, not processed; hennaforhair, mehindiskinart & hennasooq.

Thanks I think I'll try the natural red henna for starters. Having a faint red highlights in the sun does sound appealing. Now I just have to find good deep conditioners to go with it.

Back