Using henna for color: Post your pics!!!

MochaEyeCandy

I'm thinking about using henna to bring out the red in my hair for the spring and summer seasons. I've never hennaed before, so I'm not sure what to expect in way of results. Please post your pics so I can get an idea of what I'm in for.

TIA :grin:

You can check out my February fotki pics. My hair is dark brown to begin with but the henna did not turn it red. I had some gray strands and it turned it a copper color. But overall my hair still looks the same except in the light it looks a little lighter brown but it wasn't a dramatic change.

Thank you for bumping that thread, JLove!!!

I don't have much color from henna - but my hair is pretty resistant. The few burgandy 'highlights' I have (after a year or so of henna) look like this in 'normal' lighting.

2251798332_6e237ae6f7.jpg

If I manage to angle my head/hair/camera/sun just right - it looks like this....

2251787888_83348c3ed1.jpg

Excuse the messy braidout....

DSCF4593.jpg

that's what it USED to look like... i've used clairol luminize to brighten my hair 2x since then, and my hair is full out red. i'll put up a newer picture later... :sekret:

This is my hair the day of the henna and 3 days after (I clarified and DC'ed again). I know it's a little poofy, I lurk joined bootcamp so didn't blow out or flat iron my roots

Attachments

• henna 3 days later.JPG
    henna 3 days later.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 31
This is my hair the day of the henna and 3 days after (I clarified and DC'ed again). I know it's a little poofy, I lurk joined bootcamp so didn't blow out or flat iron my roots

Very nice! :yep:

Does anyone know what I can add to henna to bring out a more chocolate result?

Back