Using Conditioner Like Grease for New Growth Management

bajanplums1

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I just discovered this and it's great. About 2 days after washing when I have new growth, the new growth literally feels like straw. It makes it harder when I am trying to stretch.

I have tried oil and grease, and it never worked. It dawned on me to just apply conditioner. I used my regular leave in conditioner--Elucence MB and applied it to the scalp as I parted my hair, before I did my rollerset.

The new growth is soft and stretches easily. I think this will be a nightly regimen. Not to mention, the hair will be protected so maybe I can stretch longer.

bajanplums1 said:
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I just discovered this and it's great. About 2 days after washing when I have new growth, the new growth literally feels like straw. It makes it harder when I am trying to stretch.

I have tried oil and grease, and it never worked. It dawned on me to just apply conditioner. I used my regular leave in conditioner--Elucence MB and applied it to the scalp as I parted my hair, before I did my rollerset.

The new growth is soft and stretches easily. I think this will be a nightly regimen. Not to mention, the hair will be protected so maybe I can stretch longer.

That actually sounds really good. I've found that Amla Lite oil really softens my new growth, but I may try what you're doing someday.

I kinda do this except I use a leave in conditioner. I don't focus on my scalp though, Ijust try to get down to the roots to make sure they are super moisturized.

I can't do this: my hair gets matted and the conditioner just sits on it. But sometimes I do use conditioner as a leave-in.

HoneyDew said:
I kinda do this except I use a leave in conditioner. I don't focus on my scalp though, Ijust try to get down to the roots to make sure they are super moisturized.

Same with me, I do the roots/newgrowth but not the scalp.

Back