Using Castro Oil instead of Hair Gel for a slick ponytail/bun

lilamae

I'd been using hair gel on my ponytails for years but I never liked how hard my hair was after gelling. Guys would think my hair was a smooth as it looked, then they would touch it and be like:nono: and I would be like:look:

But after i discovered how slick, smooth and soft castor oil made my hair I started using it instead:yep:. If you are wearing hair gel and don't like how hard it makes your hair, try some castor oil. Even if you put it on top of the gel your hair will not be hard at all.

Here are some pics of my kinda messy bun. Since I am on the Bootcamp 2008 challenge I had to find a protective style that I could rock all the time. I moisterize my ends and put them up with bobby pins like so:
hair007.jpg

hair006.jpg

Last edited:
You are so right. I have went from using it on my ends to all over and I can't believe this is my hair.

Totally cosigning - I use castor oil to seal after my leave in and on my nape and edges - smooth and soft and it lasts all day.

I have learned that Castor oil is sooo awesome!

I am an all natural 4b thick condensed 1 inch long haired woman and use Oyin Greg's Juice as my water based moisturizer and castor oil as my sealant and it leaves my hair shiny and curly.

I read that castor oil makes your hair grow too. Not sure how that works. Is it castor oil on the scalp or castor oil on hair? Does anyone know?

Castor oil gives my hair volume and softness; so try it! It is definitely a staple for me. I use it in three ways.
  • I add it to my DC.
  • I add it to my leave in conditioner
  • I use it as a sealant after I have moisturized, every other day.
LOVE IT!!!!!:yep:

I use castor oil for the same thing. I don't use gel at all so castor oil was my rescuer for my edges. I can only use a little bit of it though because it's kinda heavy. Also I have to sometime clarify when I wash to get all of it out.

Interesting thread. I wonder if this will work while I'm stretching :scratchch. How do ya'll manage to spread it throughout your hair? It is SO thick.

Interesting thread. I wonder if this will work while I'm stretching :scratchch. How do ya'll manage to spread it throughout your hair? It is SO thick.
I've been mixing castor oil with coconut oil in a separate jar and applying this to my ends every couple of days or smoothing my hairline with it.

Back