Using a Dye Brush to apply conditioner.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
I've seen a few videos where people have used a dye/relaxer brush to apply deep conditioner to their hair. I've never done my DC's this way but I was wondering if there was an advantage to using a dye brush as opposed to just smoothing with your hands?? Is it supposed the smooth the cuticle or is it supposed to allow for a better application?

Do any of you use a dye brush for your DC's?

This is one of the videos that has me wondering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuLrBPxeO7g&feature=watch-vrec

Great question. I have only seen on person doing this and she claimed it was for even distribution. I feel it would more effectively use product so none of it ends up wasted on you hands, but since I mostly apply conditioner to my ends, rather than roots, I have never thought to try.

I have tried this. I think this works better for straighter hair or less curly hair. My hair is too curly to benefit from it. I really need to work the conditioner in with my fingers and smooth it. Using the brush took me too dang long :nono:

I have texlaxed hair and I do this. It works well for me and it doesn't take long since it's the same process as self relaxing. I use a rubber tip applicator, so there's even less waste than using a brush. Applying conditioner toy roots is important the last several weeks of my stretch.

I have tried this. I think this works better for straighter hair or less curly hair. My hair is too curly to benefit from it. I really need to work the conditioner in with my fingers and smooth it. Using the brush took me too dang long :nono:

I agree. I think with curly hair it wouldn't spread as evenly and you would miss sections by just gliding over them

I was actually applying my DC with my hands but saw someone else apply it on Youtube so I tried it & I prefer the applicator brush over my hands. Its less messier than using my hands but I still use my hands to apply it to my ends. I do feel like I'm able to apply it better with the brush though. Of course thats not the case with everyone & someone else may feel differently. I always massage my scalp anyway before & after I put my plastic cap on.

OP I don 't think there is any difference in conditioner performance between using a brush and applying product evenly with your hands.

I apply with my hands using the relaxer methods every single time I DC. No brush needed.

Back