Using a Child Reggie and Products for adults?

BeautyGoesDutch

Can you do that? :ohwell: I have been thinking about changing my hair regimen into my little cousins hair regimen(Who is 10), of course some things I would have to change but would it be healthier for me to use children hair products than adults? I am looking for a whole new regimen now because the one I have now it no longer working as well.

I am trying to get my hair back super duper healthy like I was looking at old pics yesterday from a few years back and I miss my hair.

Kids' products are the same as the adult stuff, they just come in cuter/more colorful packaging.

I had a lady from Indian with hair to her knees tell me that she used baby shampoo. It makes sense as a milder shampoo b/c it is tear free.

I use the same products on my hair and in my toddlers hair. Although different hair types our hair likes/dislikes the same ingredients. Except i don't put my Castor Oil mix on her scalp as i noticed her itching when i used it on her.
My poo is sulphate free, my moisturisers are paraben free and i use natural oils to seal. I believe children's products are just packaged differently.

Using their Hair Care techniques proved effective for me.

Ponytails
By this I mean washing my hair in ponytails when washing, instead of leaving it loose. (my har stays in the ponytails throught the whole process, until I'm ready to style).

GentleCleansers:
I figure babyshampoo has to be more gentle than our regular cleansers, (but this would also require the use of less products, or clarifying more often)

I had a lady from Indian with hair to her knees tell me that she used baby shampoo. It makes sense as a milder shampoo b/c it is tear free.

It's not tear free because it's milder, there is a numbing agent that keeps you from feeling the burn...

well I dont have kids so Ive never really looked at the ingredients in kids products but I would assume that the critical things that I avoid (parabens, sulfates mineral oil etc) would be included in mainstream kids products.

If you are looking for milder products I would just say use natural products instead.

How are kids regimens different from ours? maybe they are put in more protective/low manipulation styles ? idunno

so what if you are gonna switch to more natural products and use more protective/low manipulation styles ... then I think that would work

I bought some Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo a few years ago and it tangled my hair and was very drying. Just read you ingredients.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

What's the difference between your cousin's reggie and the reggie you have now?

What's the difference between your cousin's reggie and the reggie you have now?

My regiemn consist of Relaxed/Natural: Natural

Shampoo: Elasta Qp Creme Conditioning Shampoo,Pantene Relaxed and Natural,Aphoge Deep Moisture,Aphogee Damage shampoo.

Deep Conditioner: Aphogee 2 min,Pantene relaxed and natural Hair Masks,and Bone Marrow I mix these together with a silver heating cap and sit under the dryer for 15 mins.

Leave in: Aphogee Green Tea,and Aphogee Pro Vit leave in.

Serum/Heat Protectant: Fantasia IC Hair Polisher only a penny size

Anti humidity product: Chi Silk Infusion, I put half a penny size onto my hair when I am about to blow dry.

Blowdry: Gold N Hot Blow Dryer I use my attachment on medium heat. When my hair is 75% dry I use my paddle brush to make it straight.

Flat iron: I use the Chi Original so it does not have a heat setting. I press my roots with the Kentucky Maid pressing comb.

Which is WAYYYY to many products and steps now that I am looking back on it. I wear braids and cute wigs because I have busy busy lifestyle,but do all things things makes my hair (when out) look great but now it is starting to take it's toll on my hair. Not that I am seeing damage or anything it is just I don't want to start seeing it. I want that Shine,Moisture,and bounce and I think adopting my cousins hair regimen will do the trick,since we both have the same hair texture and have been relaxed before.

My cousin hair regimen is simple:

Shampoo: Africa's Best Kids Organic Shea Butter,Humectress and Aussie Moist

Conditioner: Infusium 23 moisturologie ( Which I did not know that was the name of it) and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration

Leave in: Just for me 2 in 1 Detangle and Herbal Essence Split end Protector

My cousin mom shampoos, condition,detangle and style. Thats it just puts her hair in twist and let is air dry,during winter time like it is now she lets her sit under a hooded dryer on low heat for 10 mins. and Every morning she for her scalp she puts Profectiv anti breakage oil and for her hair she puts more just for me detangle on it.

Also she doesn't use all those shampoos at the same time all the time. Sometimes she only uses one shampoo it is very rare she uses all of the shampoo together. Me being older I think I will put my twist under my beenie caps and my cute afro wig I got.

I can't tell you how bad J&J is. I've already warned off all of my friends who are having babies from using it. It's Super drying, and IMO damages hair. My boys hair improved as soon as I stopped using it...it was making their hair feel CRISPY. It's also got formaldehyde in it.... Just find a gentle organic shampoo, that doesn't contain the bad stuff.

I used to use aveeno baby wash, and also the brand x version from walmart. It was good for natural hair.

Back