Usher has me here confessing....i gotta confess...

jainygirl

I do not know how to Cornrow or French braid
mad.gif
or anything like that
frown.gif
I feel so bad, i have so many styles i want to try out and i cant do them because all i know how to do is plait. I want to try a hairstyle with my hair cornrowed back (parted with the cornrows going at a diagonal) and with them stopping after being braided about 3 inches back. Then put little black bands on them to keep them in place and leave the rest of my hair loose so i can do drop curls in the back on the rest of my hair. but i can't do this because i cant cornrow and i'm scared of letting anyone else do my hair
cry3.gif
anyway that's my confession. I cant believe i never learned how to cornrow. Anyone have any advice for a beginner? Thanks so much
wink.gif
-- jainygirl

I don't know how to cornrow or french braid either- Could you imagine my dilemna when I was natural. I was always looking for a friend to french braid my hair. I've given up. I just pray that God blesses me with 3 boys. I don't know what I'll do with a girl.

laugh.gif
I know what you mean. yeah i have a son, the funny thing is his hair grows like weeds and ppl always badger me not to cut it so he runs around with a mini fro thing happening most of the time
laugh.gif
-- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
CarolinaAfro said:
I can't cornrow or do flat twist.

[/ QUOTE ]

your hair looks great-- so many different styles
smile.gif
you're proof that being natural isnt all about the braiding
wink.gif

I can do french braids, but I can't cornrow... Well, I guess I COULD, but I just need to practice... the only difference between the two is that the hair strands go a different way (under instead of over)...

I used to have to ask my friend in college to do my french braids, and one day I just got sick of that and started trying to do them myself. It's pretty easy; you just have to practice!!
smile.gif

Wow Jainy, immo give you some lessons at the next hair meeting.

But really I didn't always know how to cornrow, I just started praticing on peeps and the more I praticed the better at it I got. I am not the best but I have put some cute styles in my daughter's hair!

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Wow Jainy, immo give you some lessons at the next hair meeting.

But really I didn't always know how to cornrow, I just started praticing on peeps and the more I praticed the better at it I got. I am not the best but I have put some cute styles in my daughter's hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks so much DSD
trampoline.gif
i definitely need some pointers as my skills are non existent
laugh.gif
Thanks again -- jainygirl

I taught myself how to French Braid but I'm still working on the cornrowing. It feels so awkward but I keep practicing.

Back