Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Final Session (3)

Just used up:
Curl Junkie Beauticurls 12 oz
Aussie Moist Conditioner 13.5 oz (have another liter)
Fantasia IC Gel, 16 oz

Ill update my list next week.

Great work ladies. Keep on Moving

I am wishing to use up my SM Mist because I want to put my home made AVG/oil mix in the bottle :lol:

It can be hard to find a good spray bottle that mists consistently.

I will probably buy the SM Mist again though. Its a good product. It is pricey though.

Great work ladies. Keep on Moving

I am wishing to use up my SM Mist because I want to put my home made AVG/oil mix in the bottle :lol:

It can be hard to find a good spray bottle that mists consistently.

I will probably buy the SM Mist again though. Its a good product. It is pricey though.

faithVA - you are so right. The bss bottles, suck! And all of mine always seem to leak at the neck. Just filled up an Oyin J&B to make a ACV spritz yesterday.

@Golden75
Please do tell.....

ZebraPrintLover - I used it while I was transitioning and had good results, so going to see how it works as a natural. The dunking/pour over the head method is a pain in de arse, for me.

I got it from Longhairdon'tcare, she uses to smooth, and help with detangling I believe. Her recipe is 1tbsp to 1 Cup water. I used braggs, and distilled water. Spritz on hair after washing/condition, but before your leave-ins/moisturizers.

http://www.longhairdontcare.net/lon...8-muftz/2010/08/a-twist-to-the-acv-rinse.html

I notice a few natural care vendors are actually selling acv spritz's now for like $8+. All they got in there's is some extra herbs & spices :lachen:

@ZebraPrintLover - I used it while I was transitioning and had good results, so going to see how it works as a natural. The dunking/pour over the head method is a pain in de arse, for me.

I got it from Longhairdon'tcare, she uses to smooth, and help with detangling I believe. Her recipe is 1tbsp to 1 Cup water. I used braggs, and distilled water. Spritz on hair after washing/condition, but before your leave-ins/moisturizers.

http://www.longhairdontcare.net/lon...8-muftz/2010/08/a-twist-to-the-acv-rinse.html

I notice a few natural care vendors are actually selling acv spritz's now for like $8+. All they got in there's is some extra herbs & spices :lachen:

Golden75
I was looking at a measurement to use.....I have Braggs too. I will use that soon. So this is to be left in correct?

i used up Crece Pelo,Salerm 21 B5,and my mix of Baba de caracol DCS by mixing them all together and doing a preepoo.

i just threw out the Herbal Essences Long term Relationship. i hate it.

i used up 1 joico reconstructor. 1 bottle left.

i used 1/3 of my silk elements mayo. 2/3 left.

ive been being heavy handed with my conditioners to use them up so quickly.i think my hair feels better from using more product. i was using "dollop" amounts before. i can feel the difference with more product. i dont think i will be as heavy handed with my staples though.

i really want to start replacing things but i am going to wait until i finish up some more stuff to see if i really need those things in my regimen at all.

Last edited:
Returned the Bentonite clay. Used some mud today. Almost done. :yay:

Finished and replaced my multivitamin.

This challenge has inspired me. I'm gettin rid o' toothpaste, jams, jellies, dishwashing liquid, foot powder.... :lol:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

for my replacements i will be using razac or elasta qp products. they are working for my hair very nicely,are easily available and are inexpensive. my goal is to have my 75% of my products to be from either elasta qp or razac

@ZebraPrintLover - yes, this you leave in, no need to rinse. Smell will dissapate

Golden75
So you know I had to try this after my relaxer last night....I liked it, the smell didnt bother me none. So how often can I spray this in my hair?

Returned the Bentonite clay. Used some mud today. Almost done. :yay:

Finished and replaced my multivitamin.

This challenge has inspired me. I'm gettin rid o' toothpaste, jams, jellies, dishwashing liquid, foot powder.... :lol:
JeterCrazed
:ohwell: What is mud?

ZebraPrintLover - that I'm not sure about. I believe she only uses after washing. I've only used 1x a week because I only washed 1x when relaxed. Click on link, I think she answers questions about usage

Used up :(

Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta - Semi staple

I guess the fact that I'm sad to see it go is an indication I should order it again soon.

Le sigh, nothing gone yet...I think I'll keep on the Organix and Kenra, they're prepping to kick the bucket soon. nothing to report.

my stash is small and tidy and i like it. :)

Nothing new to report. Hopefully I will have a couple of things used up by next week or so. I'm close...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy.

I've mixed the AOHSR and the Zuresh Conditioner with 1 TBSP of my castor oil blend. So I will DC in another hour. I will be close to finishing it up but I think I probably have another use out of it.

I still have a good amount of my leave-in which is good because I don't have a replacement for it. I may try Jane Carter's leave-in. I have heard mixed reviews but I don't have any other local products that I can think of that will fit into this slot.

@Golden75, so nothing was on the site as to how often it can be applied. So at the moment I will leave it to 1-2x/wk after my washing sessions.

@Golden75, so nothing was on the site as to how often it can be applied. So at the moment I will leave it to 1-2x/wk after my washing sessions.

ZebraPrintLover - That sounds good. 1-2x per week. I would also use the guideline on ACV dunks. I think most only do it 1x per week or as necessary.

Since she said there was an ques/answer, I would think someone would ask that.

That gets me wondering, how often vendors that actually sell it recommend using it.

The AOHSR + Zuresh + Castor oil blend works wonderfully. I just dislike the idea of having to buy 2 different conditioners to make 1 good one. I have 1 more use out of these and then have a large bottle of some new conditioner I bought at a show. That should last me through the year. I will look at AO Camellia and GPB(?) next year.

I still like my Zuresh leave-in. And it worked even better when I sprayed the SM Mist on after it. Those are winners. But I am going to try Jane Carter's leave-in first since I can get it locally.

So I am still in search of a conditioner and leave-in I can buy locally.

Still using my products but i haven't used anything up yet. I know it is the least of my concerns but i don't think i will reach my % used goal.

Still using my products but i haven't used anything up yet. I know it is the least of my concerns but i don't think i will reach my % used goal.

It's ok if you don't reach your goal. The thing I like about this challenge is that as long as the end count is lower than the beginning count then it just feels like a success to me.

And I think most of us if not all of us are further along than when we first started. :yep:

broke down my hair yesterday, washed it today.

I am not nudging any products right now, everything is very full :look:
on a better note though. I haven't purchased anything new and I am cutting my card effective today :)

:lachen: :lachen: :giggle:

:lachen:

Girl you have me over here laughing LOL
I pop in and out, been on longer today then I have in a long time.

LOL

Thanks so much; card is canceled and now I am here just dealing with what I already have. Hair wise, craft wise, clothing wise and like wise :)

Just back from Walgreen. I picked up another bottle of the SM Mist. Not going to lie, I may pick up another 2 bottles before the end of the week since its buy one get 1 at 50%. I picked up the SM Milk for 50%. I have never tried it but I need a leave-in to replace my Zuresh so I will try it. Now that I have bought it I'm wonder why I didn't just try my moms Knot Today :ohwell:

But if the SM Milk works then I will just need to find a replacement conditioner.

I thought about buying the SM shampoo instead but I need a leave-in and conditioner more than I need a shampoo. So I will wait until the next sale to see if I want to pick that shampoo up.

Now I can't wait to try the SM Milk to see if it works. Dang, have to wait until Sunday.

Back