USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: SESSION 3

Used up my Curl Junkie cleansing conditioner. It was good but I have a staple cleanser from the Silk Dreams line that's 50 times better.

Think I'm gonna work on the Shescentit conditioner for next wash session.

2 products gone, 6 to go! :)

faithVA... WOW... Your hair looks amazing...

I haven't used anything up and this is going to be another slow ride. I am proud that I haven't really been increasing my stash either. :)

I passed up so many deals and steals. This year I am most likely passing on the Miss Jessies sales as well and not because I don't like her products, but because I won't use much up with my new hair schedule of protective styling for 2 months on and 2 months off. I am going to try to get a lot of things off my plate once I take these out so I can use up the things lingering in my bathroom at the moment.

Still needs to be used up....

Wen Fig remainder of the gallon (I watered it down)
Miss Jessies Cleansing Conditioner
Shea Moisture Cleansing Conditioner
One and Only Restorative masque
Wen Mango Coconut :)

these are all on the last limbs..

faithVA... WOW... Your hair looks amazing...

I haven't used anything up and this is going to be another slow ride. I am proud that I haven't really been increasing my stash either. :)

I passed up so many deals and steals. This year I am most likely passing on the Miss Jessies sales as well and not because I don't like her products, but because I won't use much up with my new hair schedule of protective styling for 2 months on and 2 months off. I am going to try to get a lot of things off my plate once I take these out so I can use up the things lingering in my bathroom at the moment.

Still needs to be used up....

Wen Fig remainder of the gallon (I watered it down)
Miss Jessies Cleansing Conditioner
Shea Moisture Cleansing Conditioner
One and Only Restorative masque
Wen Mango Coconut :)

these are all on the last limbs..

:yipee: Thank you. That means a lot coming from you.

You have been missed. But glad things are going well for you :yep:

I used up CJ Smoothing Lotion.

I have one more left in my stash, but it's a staple product that I will keep on hand- In the future I will refrain from buying more than 1 at a time.

I gave my mom my Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk. I didn't want to give it up, but she needed it more than me.

^^I saw the Camille Rose products in Target yesterday. Finally! I have been looking for them for months. But I was strong. I looked at them and put them back. I need to reduce my stash a bit more before I buy anything else. When I rolled through this Purabody and HQ I may allow myself to buy it, if it is still there.

Used up one desert essence conditioner

Gave a friend my beloved Bee Mine Luscious Balanced cream. She is desperate for a moisturizer.

I'm going to try something different this session. I'm going to list all the products that I want to use up only. I'm finally getting my staple products together and I need to get rid of the following items by Black Friday so I can shop for my staple items.

Products on the chopping block:
CD Monoi shampoo
MNO Healing treatment oil
Claudie's Satin Daily Moisturizer
Grapeseed oil
Mahabhringraj oil
Sally's version of MNO Repair Masque
Tresemme naturals conditioner
SSI Honey Conditioning Rinse
NJoy's growth oil
SSI Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream
SSI Exotic Amazon Herbal Pomade
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
CON Argan oil perfect edges
Dabur Vatika oil
Claudie's Mango Cream Rinse
Tea tree oil
HTN Follicle Mist

Last edited:
I'm going to try something different this session. I'm going to list all the products that I want to use up only. I'm finally getting my staple products together and I need to get rid of the following items by Black Friday so I can shop for my staple items.

Products on the chopping block:
CD Monoi shampoo
MNO Healing treatment oil
Claudie's Satin Daily Moisturizer
Grapeseed oil
Mahabhringraj oil
Sally's version of MNO Repair Masque
Tresemme naturals conditioner
SSI Honey Conditioning Rinse
NJoy's growth oil
SSI Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream
SSI Exotic Amazon Herbal Pomade
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
CON Argan oil perfect edges
Dabur Vatika oil
Claudie's Mango Cream Rinse
Tea tree oil
HTN Follicle Mist

I think that is a good strategy. It also feels quite rewarding when you use them all up :yep:

I didn't use anything up this wash day but I focusing on using up a few products by the end of October. After my leave-in will be using the HQ The Slip Daily Creme and the Purabody Murumuru. After I use the HQ The Slip will replace that with Purabody Sapote. And when I finish the Purabody Murumuru will replace that with the AIA Double Butter.

I don't really have a staple moisturizer, so AIA Double Butter may be my staple moisturizer until I find something else.

Went to the health food store today and picked up another bottle of AO Blue Chamomile which is my staple conditioner and a bottle of AO Swimmers Conditioner. I will compare the AO BC with the AO Island Naturals and the AO Swimmer's Conditioner to see which I like the best. If I happen to go to Target I will pick up a bottle of the Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner to try it as a cowash conditioner to replace my Deva Curl One.

Also bought some different herbs for tea rinses.

I am so close to using up my Bee Mine Bee-u-tiful Conditioner. I have about two drops left, which is not enough to do much of anything but either use it on a quarter of my head or mix it with something else. I'll probably mix it with something.

I'm so torn on whether this is a repurchase. It works really well as a moisturizer for my flat twists under my wig, but I can't do a twistout or anything else with it.

I am tentatively putting CJ Curl Rehab on the use up list and off the staples list. I still love it, I just don't think I need it. I have the 32 oz and I use it once a week so I will have it for a while, I think.

I bought Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong. Not sure why. I just picked it up at the grocery store for no reason. It was on a stand close to the checkout line.

I am so happy with my accomplishments, I'm really down to two conditioners well three because its just a tap of herbal essence totally twisted left. I got more daily moisturizers and a couple of stylers left, but the daily stylers are mostly samples so they don't take up a lot of space, feels good. Find my two staples for conditioner which are tresemme naturals and Aussie. I think I will go with Jane carter as a better shampoo i used. I thought I would like shea moisture, but its ok

Used Up:

1 GVP Conditioning Balm
1 Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
1 AO GPB
1 Afroveda PUR WHipped Hair Jelly
1 Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter
1 Claudies Hair Tea Spritz
1 Sunflower Megacare Hair Oil Blend

Used up SM anti- breakage masque- I really like this product and find it really does stop breakage and shedding. I won't repurchase it until I use up more items in my stash.

I also used up a sample of jessicurl confident coils- I like this product as well and I plan on purchasing the full size once the stash is normal sized.

Still working on using up wen mango coconut so I can get into my 613 from last Black Friday.

Used up HH Hemp Nostalgia, Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner

HH Soft Coconut Marshmallows down to 50%

Didn't use up anything. I prepooed with one of the HQ Repair conditioners. I have 1 more use of this. I shampooed with AIA Cleansing Pudding, DCd with AO Blue Chamomile on one side and AO Island Naturals on the other. Surprisingly the Island Naturals won out. Rinsed and then did a tea rinse with Roobios. Used AIA Leave-in, Purabody Murumuru. Will spritz with diluted S-Curl and then twist with TW Curling Cream.

I'm going to try something different this session. I'm going to list all the products that I want to use up only. I'm finally getting my staple products together and I need to get rid of the following items by Black Friday so I can shop for my staple items. Products on the chopping block: CD Monoi shampoo MNO Healing treatment oil Claudie's Satin Daily Moisturizer Grapeseed oil Mahabhringraj oil Sally's version of MNO Repair Masque Tresemme naturals conditioner SSI Honey Conditioning Rinse NJoy's growth oil SSI Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream SSI Exotic Amazon Herbal Pomade Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm CON Argan oil perfect edges Dabur Vatika oil Claudie's Mango Cream Rinse Tea tree oil HTN Follicle Mist

I used up Sally's Deep Repair Masque today.

- Used up TJ TTT; 9 left
- Used up Bask Cupuacu Coco-Nilla Bean oil. It was okay. Not a repurchase.
- Used up Oyin Hair Dew 8oz; 1 left

Back