Use protein 2x a month or less?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Maybe it's because recently I've been DC'ing with coconut oil once a week but, I don't seem to have a need for protein. I have Gpb, Ors Mayo and some other stuff but it's just sitting in the closet. My hair isn't snapping off or "following the comb". My hair is damn near perfect right now.

Anyone else in here who doesn't use protein or only uses is every once in a once in a once in a while?

The products I do use are:
TJ's nourish spa
Ao HSR
Vo5 kiwi clarifying shampoo
Vo5 moisture milks (strawberry, passionfruit)
Coconut oil (Ramela brand from the supermarket)
Garnier (for color treated hair) leave in

Moisturize and seal everyday (2x) with Qp mango butter and TJ's vit E oil.

That's interesting. I've noticed lately that the more protein I use the better and stronger my hair feels. I have fine hair and I know that has a lot do with it.

I wonder if my regimen will always have to be protein intense.

What made you notice that you didn't need it anymore?

Well,
the last time I did a treatment my hair started breaking. That was about 3 months ago. I don't use protein at all and my hair is just fine now. Unless some of the products I use have some proten that I didn't notice.
My natural hair is very coarse with medium sized strands. I am currently relaxed.

Protein is an important part of my regimen, but I only use it 2x a month b/c I wash my hair every two weeks. My hair doesn't seem to need protein more often than that.

Maybe your hair doesn't need protein more than 2x a month. If it's working for you, then continue w/ your present regimen.

That's interesting. I've noticed lately that the more protein I use the better and stronger my hair feels. I have fine hair and I know that has a lot do with it.

I wonder if my regimen will always have to be protein intense.

What made you notice that you didn't need it anymore?

same here. my hair is super-fine, and it gets on the mushy side if i don't use protein on a regular basis. i use a heavy protein every other week, and a medium protein at every wash.

I used to do the same and my hair was doing just fine... but I've increased the amount of protein and my hair is much stronger! Just play around with your regi... everyone's hair is different.

My hair need light to median protein once a week, but that heavy protein is only good ever 2 to 3 months for me. I co-wash atleast 4 times a week with only a moisturizing conditioner so I truly need protein atleast once a week.

Back