URGENT...PLEASE HELP

Mandy4610

Hey Ladies,

My cousin would like me to relax her hair tonight. She has a tub of Mizani relaxer that she has had for about 2 yrs or so. Is it safe to use relaxer that is that old?

Please help, she needs to go and buy a new tub if this one is not safe.

Hey Ladies,

My cousin would like me to relax her hair tonight. She has a tub of Mizani relaxer that she has had for about 2 yrs or so. Is it safe to use relaxer that is that old?

Please help, she needs to go and buy a new tub if this one is not safe.

I don't relax, but I would :pullhair::couchfire::badidea::eek2:throw that stuff out in a quick hurry! Relaxers do have a shelf life. Just tell her to get something else, or use it at her own risk:nono:. I mean, it might not work well or be too strong. Who knows with such chemicals that are in relaxer.

I wouldn't trust it. Relaxer shelf life, if I remember correctly is shorter than 2 years, but I forgot the exact amount of time. I would call the company and talk to a representative to ask that question.

I heard that lye relaxers have a shelf life of one year. There was a post where someone phoned mizani to find out about thier lye and that's what customer service said.

Back