urgent advice needed-What would you do?Relax or wait a bit more?

danysedai

Hi Ladies, I don't know who else to ask. My last relaxer was January 17, my hairdresser goes every year to the DR,but this time she's been away longer because she is had her boobs and tummy done. I've written to her but she doesn't say when she's coming back, it could be end of the month or beginning next month.
I've been taking care of my hairs,specially the front and nape that's where I had breakage 2 years ago and they have slowly recovered. As the hair in the front is shorter it's all new growth. I've done buns but I'm also afraid of the breakage of the manipulation and gel and coconut oil, I've used a silk scarf but my hair is looking very rough.
I have self relaxed in the past with the help of a friend ( I use Affirm Mild). What would you ladies advice? Self-relax this week and not wait for my hairdresser? Tough it up with buns and braidouts? or just relax the front AND do braidouts and then when she comes back she can do the rest?
Help ladies, I'm getting desperate. (prepares relaxer kit, base, comb and towel:rolleyes:)

I would just tough it out and honestly bantu knot out could be your best friend. All i do is put 5 knots in my hair.at night. Two on each side and one on the top,I take it out in the morning. I usually end up with a beach wave look, plus for me anyway, This style lasts longer than a braidout.

I don't know if you airdry or not but if you do check out the scarf method. That's how i keep my new growth flat.

Last edited:
If your not seeing any breakage I would just wait. Do buns and not tight also move the bun so its not in the same spot. Be really gentle when combing make sure to moisturize at least daily and relax. I am 7 months into my stretch and these are some of the things I have done.

Thank you ladies!! I think a bit of encouragement is what I needed. I don't have breakage,I've been DC and rollersetting and using Mizani Thermasmooth.
I have done bantu knots in the past Babayred86 when my hair was shorter. I will try that and also do a search on braidouts. I don't know how to cornrow but I think I've seen some ladies doing braidouts without cornrowing.
Thanks again, LHCF ladies never disappoint :)

I would wait. I would try to up the DC's to keep my hair as soft as possible and try different things: like bantu knot outs braid outs or the good ol' buns, using the scarf method to keep the edges/nape as smooth as possible. Of course you could also try a wig/half wig only straighrening the hair left out at the front.

If you can wait and there is no breakage, imagine all that new growth and length you can retain and giving your hair a longer break from the chemicals! I guess listen to your hair, one day at a time. Good luck!

Back