Updates - 2009 bootcamp plus more PIC HEAVY!

*KP*

Hi all, I took part in the 2009 bootcamp and wanted to share my results. I will also share them in the reveal thread but I wanted to share my progress since starting with LHCF :grin:

At first when I took my pics, I didn't think there was that much growth but side by side there is definitely some good growth even if it was not 6 inches in a year.

I started here on my hair journey in Sep 2007
(sorry for the tiny first pics but you can click or the larger version - it was either this size or lifesize!)

and got some decent growth for the first few months.

Dec 2007

After this and being new to LHCF, I tried to jump on every bandwagon and my hair really suffered. I had a major setback and cut off 3-4 inches around April 2008 then stopped taking photos altogether for about 6 months!

I started the 2009 bootcamp at this stage

and now....
Dec09lengthcheck2.jpg

Thought I'd have hit BSL by now but if I do stretch my stands down I am grazing it so I'm not going to claim BSL just yet.

Dec09rollerset.jpg

Dec09_a-vi.jpg

Side by side views
comparesep07dec09Small.jpg

comparesidesSmall.jpg

A few more pics in fotki

:congrats: thats great progress! I have also realized that its better to keep it simple than to jump on every single bandwagon out there :lol: great job!

Great job!!! See that's why I decided to join the 1st session of the 2010 Bootcamp Challenge!!!

Dont leave us hanging girl. Whats your reggie? :lachen: :)

:lol:

My reggie...

I'm 4a relaxed. I relax every 2-4 months with Mizani Butter Blend Sensitive Scalp (no lye)

WASHING
1x per week
Shampoo: Mizani Thermasmooth Shampoo
Protein Conditioner: Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor for 2-5 mins under plastic cap
Deep conditioner: Keracare Humecto, plastic cap and sit under dryer for 30-45 minutes

I then spray some Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner and add a few pumps of Mizani Thermastrength Style Serum and some hair oil. I use either pure Jojoba oil or Keracare Essential Oils.

If my hair needs a stronger protein, I will skip the Aphogee and use Keracare Super Reconstructor and then the Humecto.

If I need to wash during the week, I will co-wash with Herbal Essences Rainforest Flowers.

STYLING
I try to avoid direct heat and no longer blow dry my hair, so instead after a wash I will...

- Rollerset then sit under hood dryer for 40 minutes
- Flexirod set then sit under hood dryer or airdry overnight
- Air dry in twists
I sometimes do braidouts but I am still trying to perfect that

I rarely flat iron, but if I do, I will use Aussie Dual Personality for Straightening Heat Protection.

MOISTURISING
I moisturise with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion (if wrapping) or Elasta QP Mango Butter (if bunning). I don't moisturise daily, maybe every 2-3 days.

If I have my hair in a flexirod set, I will spritz with water and seal with oil.

AT NIGHT
If I have rollerset, I will wrap my hair each night. I try to alternate the direction of my wrap (when I remember)

If I have a flexirod set, I will finger comb my hair into a high ponytail and cover with a satin scarf so I don't sleep on the curls.

Otherwise I will just comb my hair back, cover with a scarf, twist the scarf around the ends and tuck it in.

KP you definately did a good job with retention! Congrats...I can't wait to see your hair at the end of the year....even longer hair than before. :) ---are you in 2010 bootcamp?

KP you definately did a good job with retention! Congrats...I can't wait to see your hair at the end of the year....even longer hair than before. :) ---are you in 2010 bootcamp?

Thanks Bettina

Yep, I'm in the 2010 bootcamp. Can't wait to see it at the end of 2010 :)

MOISTURISING
I moisturise with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion (if wrapping) or Elasta QP Mango Butter (if bunning). I don't moisturise daily, maybe every 2-3 days.
Your hair is beautiful! The olive oil doesn't make your hair sticky??

Great progress kp your hair is beautiful and you grew your hair in London, gives me hope! Lol:grin:

Back