Updated pics of my texturized hair!!!

Thanks ladies!!!:kiss: :rosebud: Hopefully by this summer I should be able to wear my hair in a puff. Rhonda your hair is growing so fast:eek::eek:. You will be at shoulder length hair in no time.:yep: Keep up the great work. Good luck ladies.:cheers:

Very pretty color. I love your texture too.What do you use to texturize if you don't mind my asking? Thanks

s_terry said:
Very pretty color. I love your texture too.What do you use to texturize if you don't mind my asking? Thanks

Hey S_terry:)

Thanks for the compliments!! Well to be honest, I did an experiment with Elasta QP mild relaxer and Scurl regular texturizer because I wanted to find out which one of the texturizer/relaxer would have given me a better end result.

So here is what I did, I mixed the Elasta QP mild relaxer with two tablespoon of V05 hydrators conditioner, 1 tablespoon ORS mayonaise and 2 tablespoon EVOO and mixed it up. I also did the same thing with the Scurl regular texturizer (in blue jar). After doing the mixing, I then applied the Elasta QP mild relaxer to the front half of my hair:sekret: and then I applied the Scurl regular texturizer to the back half of my hair:eek: and left it on for about 45 minutes total :eek: :spank: . The Scurl did a better job of processing my hair than the Elasta QP mild so from now on I am going to just stick to Scurl as my staple texturizer because it does the job very well. I know I could have just made things simple by doing a strand test with both relaxer/texturizer in separate areas of my hair to determine which one gave me the look that I wanted to achieve, but at that time I wasn't thinking of doing that.:ohwell:

oh lard half and half i thought you couldnt mix chemicals like that well you havent done it yet but for your touch up!

but i agree that the scurl parts do look curlier luv the color too

I've heard of people mixing conditioner with relaxer for texturizer but can you tell me what does this do? And you have to leave the mixture on your hair for how long? I've been using Affirm Fiber guard mild processing in sections (1/2) no more than 8 mins. I'm too scared that my hair will straighten if I try anything else. Anyway your curls look lovely. You're my hair color twin. ;) HHG

Check you out, witcha hair growing self!

Seriously, you have made a lot of progress even including the shrinkage. Keep doing what you're doing girl!

littleaudie said:
I've heard of people mixing conditioner with relaxer for texturizer but can you tell me what does this do? And you have to leave the mixture on your hair for how long? I've been using Affirm Fiber guard mild processing in sections (1/2) no more than 8 mins. I'm too scared that my hair will straighten if I try anything else. Anyway your curls look lovely. You're my hair color twin. ;) HHG

Wow littleaudie:) !!! I just finished viewing your album for the first time and I love:love: your curls and hair color too. You are absolutely right about us being hair color twins:yep:.

Ok let me answer your question, I decided to start mixing conditioner with my texturizer after someone here said they tried it and it made their hair more moisturized. As for me, I find that it cuts down the processing time of the texturizer by making it very mild on the hair. Therefore, preventing overprocessing that causes your hair to become straight. It also makes the texturizer more of a creamy consistent which makes it easier to apply to the hair. I leave the texturizer on for the most 45 minutes so that my hair can process poroperly and even sometimes after leaving it on for so long it's still not processed enough.:ohwell: I was also afraid to use a mild relaxer on my hair as well, until I experimented with Hawiaan Silky mild no base relaxer and Elasta QP mild no base relaxer to texturize. They both did a great job but Scurl regular texturizer was by far the best.

Thanks msportugal (I know it wasn't such a great idea to use both chemicals at once even though I did it in different sections, but so far my hair is doing ok. Thank God!!:look: ) JCoily and Queenie!!!:Blush2:

Back