Updated my album

katie

I got a touchup yesterday. A new girl styled and trimmed me. I wasn't too happy about the trim because she took off a lot. My hair salon is adamant about you getting trims. I've made several protests about my ends not being split, how I don't use heat, how I don't need my hair to be even since I rarely wear it open etc etc. But they insist on trimming me every single time. Ah well. I didn't gain a lot of length but I will try to make up for that next touchup. I also disliked how my hair was styled. The new girl put something weird in my hair to weight it down. It seems flat but whatever, I will wash it soon.

Check out my pics!

Your hair looks great, if your stylist does not listen to you about trims then maybe it is time to find a new one, you pay her so she should be listening to you.

Your hair is gorgeous. I have one stylist relax my hair and another trim the ends. I don't want anyone getting too comfortable with my hair. I don't want an omnistylist anymore.

katie said:
Thanks everyone. I really like the salon except for the trims thing.

You're hair looks great. With Trims just put your foot down and let them know when you want a trim, not the other way around.

It looks good. Yes, tell them next time if they trim your hair you aren't going to pay them. That'll get their attention.

baglady215 said:
It looks good. Yes, tell them next time if they trim your hair you aren't going to pay them. That'll get their attention.

That's a good idea. Thanks!

Your hair looks very pretty. I agree with the other ladies, do not let them cut your hair!!! It is YOUR hair and YOU have to be able to make the choice. I think it is disrespectful and unprofessional for any hairstylist (or any service provider for that matter) to ignore the customer's wishes.

Thanks everyone! I agree natalied, it is extremely unprofessional. Shouldn't the customer have the final say in what happens to THEIR hair?
I'll PM you sweetpea and jadedfaerie!

Hey Katie
Your hair is beautiful :) . It has been one of my favorites since I joined this site.
Good growth, keep it up.
As far as the stylist. Girl, I just can't figure out why some figure they have to always chop. (to dust is to dust, to trim is to trim, and to chop is to chop)
Not (chop, chop, co-chop) :mad:

I got some PMs about my regimen so here's my regimen for anyone who is interested.

I have relaxed(Affirm no lye) 4b hair which I shampoo(Nexxus Therappe) once a week.I also deep condition for 20 mins with heat after I shampoo.I'm a real bad PJ so my deep conditioners really vary.I use Le Kair Cholesterol,Biolage conditioning balm,NTM mask,Elucence MB from time to time .But I have a whole slew of other stuff I have yet to use,lol.

The first washday after my relaxer I use Nexxus Emergencee followed by a moisturizing deep conditioner like the Biolage.I also mild-protein condition once a month.I looove Aubrey GPB for this purpose.I leave it on 20 mins no heat.No moisturizing conditioner is required afterwards for me.
I usually do conditioner washes in the shower about 3 times a week in addition to my deep conditioning.I use any regular cheap conditioner for this.My favourites are Clairol Daily Defense,Jason Sea Kelp.
After each wash,I use Pantene Detangling leave-in or Rusk Smoother and Loreal Smooth Intense serum and airdry my hair in a ponytail.Sometimes I use Wildgrowth Oil depending on how much newgrowth I have.I rarely use heat.My hair can't take much heat.And my no heat styles don't come out looking right.Hence I hardly wear my hair down.I plan to experiment with rollersetting soon though.

Back