Updated fotki with roller set pictures

seraphinelle

I did a roller set for my interview on wednesday. My first ever.

I was impressed with my lack of experience and the results, and it turned out cute.

Leave comments on my fotki, Cheers!

Last edited:
ella said:
Good Job,what kind of rollers did you use?

I used the old school rollers and sat under the hood.

The big ones are abou 1.5 inches in diameter

Medium ones that I did some at the front were 1 inch

And the smaller ones for the sides and the back were 3/4

I'm going to try to improve my technique!

@Famu

Thanks girl! I'm reading up on your technique to get them to stay, LOL. Yours were too cute.

you did great!! good luck on your interview!. ok now what setting lotion did you use? and how long under dryer at what setting? How are you sleeping at night with your new do?- did you set "mohawk" style?

nomoweavesfome said:
you did great!! good luck on your interview!. ok now what setting lotion did you use? and how long under dryer at what setting? How are you sleeping at night with your new do?- did you set "mohawk" style?

I used the Olive oil wrap/set mousse that came with the relaxer set. I used maybe about 1/3 of the pack.

I didn't have anything else to use, and it worked well enough where it kept the curl but was lose and blew in the wind :lachen:

I tie it from the back to the front, since the back is easier for me to fix.

And what's the mohawk style?

Ok - I just came back from looking at fotki. I really like this on you a lot.

I may be biased because I wore this same style when I was 14.- Headband and all, the only difference was I used to moisten my hair with water and add cocunut grease and roll up with sponge rollers. I always had moist shiny silky curls that i fingercombed and put my headband.

It seems like a great style with low manipulation. I hope the curls last for you. if so, looks like you will be a rollersetter for a long time.

nomoweavesfome said:
Ok - I just came back from looking at fotki. I really like this on you a lot.

I may be biased because I wore this same style when I was 14.- Headband and all, the only difference was I used to moisten my hair with water and add cocunut grease and roll up with sponge rollers. I always had moist shiny silky curls that i fingercombed and put my headband.

It seems like a great style with low manipulation. I hope the curls last for you. if so, looks like you will be a rollersetter for a long time.

YES!!
I fingercombed them as well. It kind of mixes the curls together and makes it puffier. I really am enjoying it. I sent the pictures to my mom and she's loving it too!

I think I will put this into my 'Grow Hair Long Ritual' Once a week!

With the water and coconut grease, did that 'hold' the grease? I think I will invest in some sponge rollers, or flexi rods. Or are those the same things? Did you sit under the dryer?

Guyaneek said:
You did a good job. You ladies are really perfecting your rollersetting game!

Thank you!

I never thought I'd do it, but since I've vowed no heat (direct) I have to find replacements.

And I had these images in my head of those little old ladies, :lachen:

I'm a changed woman!

seraphinelle said:
YES!!
I fingercombed them as well. It kind of mixes the curls together and makes it puffier. I really am enjoying it. I sent the pictures to my mom and she's loving it too!

I think I will put this into my 'Grow Hair Long Ritual' Once a week!

With the water and coconut grease, did that 'hold' the grease? I think I will invest in some sponge rollers, or flexi rods. Or are those the same things? Did you sit under the dryer?

girl - don't you use no sponge rollers!! - I was 14 and didn't know any better at the time. lol- but I did use end papers and it greased up the end papers and soaked the excess greas out. I did not sit under the dryer just let it dry overnight. lol- I thought I was doing something.

But you know what?? I might just try it again one day just for old times sake! lol I think the grease locked in the moisture from the water which was what kept my hair silky at the time, but it was greasy and guess what ?? greasy ghair attracts dirt. So after @ 3 days, my greasy hair would look dull and dirty and the fragrance from the coconut started to stink!

nomoweavesfome said:
girl - don't you use no sponge rollers!! - I was 14 and didn't know any better at the time. lol- but I did use end papers and it greased up the end papers and soaked the excess greas out. I did not sit under the dryer just let it dry overnight. lol- I thought I was doing something.

But you know what?? I might just try it again one day just for old times sake! lol I think the grease locked in the moisture from the water which was what kept my hair silky at the time, but it was greasy and guess what ?? greasy ghair attracts dirt. So after @ 3 days, my greasy hair would look dull and dirty and the fragrance from the coconut started to stink!

So I'm sticking to my way for now then!! :lachen:

You should do it for old time sake. The exact way that you did it before, LOL, and post pictures!

Back