UPDATED FOTKI- HAIR SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am trying to continue protective styles, but my twists never stay through the night and are fuzzy.Style advice is needed and appreciated!:yep: I rocked the fuzzy twists anyway with a smile, but I did not feel confident with them.:nono: I am thinking about leaving protective styles alone, but I would like to not have to wash n go daily.

Do you know how to cornrow? Maybe something like this. Instead of the swoop in the front you could do a twistout. My hair is drying and I will post a pic when it dries.

Attachments

• 37335_403336684211_372030884211_4568473_6321673_n.jpg
    37335_403336684211_372030884211_4568473_6321673_n.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 59
I wish I could cornrow. I have tried, but my hands just won't cooperate.:nono::lol:

Hummm okay. Maybe you could put you twists on satin foam rollers overnight. When my hair was shorter and my twists just dont come out full (my hair is fine) I thought I did a cute job. Check it out. You maybe could flat twist the front. If you dont know how to flat twist maybe just wear a cute headband:grin:

Attachments

• DSCN2432.jpg
    DSCN2432.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN2441.jpg
    DSCN2441.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 42
Smaller or mini twists are a great idea. You can flat twist the edges to create a different style or just bobby pin the sides up. Wear a scarf at night to prevent fuzzies and if they tend to unravel, try adding a gel or holding product and spritz them with water.

Make them smaller and try braiding the roots. I have a video on my youtube channel about it if you are interested on how it looks as regular twists and as a braided roots twist out :)

I am trying to continue protective styles, but my twists never stay through the night and are fuzzy.Style advice is needed and appreciated!:yep: I rocked the fuzzy twists anyway with a smile, but I did not feel confident with them.:nono: I am thinking about leaving protective styles alone, but I would like to not have to wash n go daily.

DD... your hair has really grown a lot. Congratulations and remember KISS!

Have you tried braid outs? twist outs do not work for me as I don't like how puffy they look. Doing a braid out with larger (about 8-10) braids that are braided tightly and airdried give me the best look. The important thing about braidouts is to comb the hair out well and put tension on the hair as you are braiding. The hair should be wet, not dripping but beyond damp.

Your hair is growing nicely though, just be patient with trying new styles and practice, practice, practice.

Like the lady above said, try braid outs. I prefer twist outs because I like the frizzy curly look, but when I want super definition cornrows to the back are the way to go. I also noticed that you do flat twist. I get better definition from medium sized twist. The should only take you about 30 minutes to do once you get it down to a science.

lol.. You didn't ask for all of that. To get my twist to stay I use a creamy leave-in w/ eco styler and twist very tightly on soaking wet hair. I then apply a tight scarf. That should keep the frizz away for a week.

I came in to say twistouts but it was mentioned above.
Looks like you're on the grow! That new siggie pic shows big improvement!

you can try braid and curls or twist and curls. Your hairstyles don't need to always be protective styles. Also maybe even mini twists can work out as well as flat twists style. COngrats on the growth!

Have you tried the KeraCare Naturals Twist & Define cream? I used it on a braid out and it did give me some hold, almost like a creamy gel.

Smaller or mini twists are a great idea. You can flat twist the edges to create a different style or just bobby pin the sides up. Wear a scarf at night to prevent fuzzies and if they tend to unravel, try adding a gel or holding product and spritz them with water.

I just redid my frizzy twists with water, QB Burdock Root butter cream, and Eco olive oil gel and the combo of 3 is awesome!:spinning: I switched hair products and I now use KeraCare Natural Tresses line. My hair has responded well to this line as well as Hairveda's Vatika and the CoCasta oil. I think the ayervedic products make much difference. My hair has retained most of its growth. I am also now single strand knot free since using these products. I think that is why I have retained most of my growth.

Back