Updated Cone-Free product recommendations please

Smiley79

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed; I did do a search and I only found posts from years ago. Since there has been a flood of new products on the market, I decided to start a new thread.

I'm on my second try of going natural. My one year anniversary is coming up. Unfortuantelyl, I still battle the dry hair dillemma and I feel like throwing in the towel. BUT, I can't help but remember years ago reading about eliminating cones and I just ignored it like...ehh, whatever. So, I'd liek to give that a try and also, try using Henna and overall put a little more elbow work into my natural hair journey. (I admit, I have been dealing with the natural hair by hiding under protective styling for almost half the time). So anyways, can you all recommend some great cone free conditioner products that you have been using lately or have been using forever. :lachen:

I found this one from 2008:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196051

My top 3:
*tresemme naturals
*CURLS coconut sublime
*kinky curly knot today

All are fabulous detanglers, rinse outs, and leave ins.
:D

My top 3:
*tresemme naturals
*CURLS coconut sublime
*kinky curly knot today

All are fabulous detanglers, rinse outs, and leave ins.
:D

Yeah I second tresemme naturals conditioner & also Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner & Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

Some of my favorites:

Conditioners
Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Hair Conditioner
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
GVP Conditioning Balm
Hairveda Methi Sativa Tea Set
Hairveda Red Tea Nourishing Conditioner
Hairveda SitriNillah DC
Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner (protein based)
Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein based)
Shescentit Avocado Conditioner
Shescentit Banana Brulee Moisturizing Conditioner
Shescentit Fortifying Hair Masque (protein based)
Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor (protein based)
Shescentit Riche Moisture Masque
Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner

Leave-ins
As I Am Naturally Leave-In Conditioner
Curly Kinks Satin Roots Natural Leave-in Detangler
Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-In Conditioner
Darcy’s Botanicals Transitioning Hair Crème
Shescentit Marula Hemp Hair Butter
Shescentit Pomegranate Curl Quenching Conditioner

Honorable Cone-Free Mentions
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner
Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto Conditioner
Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner

Conditioners:
GVP Conditioning Balm
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix
Curl Junkie Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment
Oyin Honey Hemp
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner
Hairveda Sitrinilla
Koils by Nature Deep Conditioner
Bee Mine Bee-u-ti-ful Deep Conditioner
Shea Moisture Purification Mask
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner

Leave-ins:
Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion
Oyin Hair Dew
Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia
Purabody Murumuru Moisture Milk
ORI Essentials Leave-in

A lot of my faves (Trader Joe TTT for the win!) have already been mentioned. Here are a few more:

Conditioners
Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner
Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner
Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner - about $4.80 on luckyvitamins or vitacost
Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Conditioner - same price as aforementioned
Aubrey Organics White Camellia

Leave-ins
Oyin Hair Dew

Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner (or really any of their conditioners, but this combats dry hair altogether w/o need of anything else in regimen)

Komaza: all products-- awesome moisture spritzes, leave in lotions, and moisture sealants. All are cone-free, promote growth and enhance moisture.

If you have the money to spare, maybe even try the Komaza Hair Analysis service. They can devise a strategy to address the issues you're having and the problem areas they see in your strands.

Great suggestions. Wow, my PJism is about to resurface, lol. I don’t know where to begin. I have 4b hair that is always dry. I cant wait to try eliminating cones and see if that makes a difference for me. Also, I plan to do a henna treatment one a week or biweekly so I really want a super moisturizing conditioner even more. Since there’s a Sally’s right by me, I think I’ll give the GVP Conditioning Balms a shot and I would like to try one from an online vendor like Shescenit or Komaza. (the Shescentit Banana Brulee sounds yummy!)

As far as leave in…my hair likes Distilled water, olive oil and glycerin mixed. But I would like a good cream leave in for twist outs and banding. I will check out from the suggestions above and pick one to try or just order a sample size! Yes, I’ll order some samples.

Great suggestions. Wow, my PJism is about to resurface, lol. I don’t know where to begin. I have 4b hair that is always dry. I cant wait to try eliminating cones and see if that makes a difference for me. Also, I plan to do a henna treatment one a week or biweekly so I really want a super moisturizing conditioner even more. Since there’s a Sally’s right by me, I think I’ll give the GVP Conditioning Balms a shot and I would like to try one from an online vendor like Shescenit or Komaza. (the Shescentit Banana Brulee sounds yummy!)

As far as leave in…my hair likes Distilled water, olive oil and glycerin mixed. But I would like a good cream leave in for twist outs and banding. I will check out from the suggestions above and pick one to try or just order a sample size! Yes, I’ll order some samples.

If I may, before sampling Shescentit's Banana Brulee, I suggest that you give her Avocado Conditioner a try since it is a phenomenal multi-purpose product - it's an ultra moisturizing DC, leave-in, rinse-out/co-washer that provides an insane amount of slip. IMO, it is one of the best products I’ve tried.

Not to further entice your PJ inclinations, but Darcy's Transitioning Cream and Sweet Cocoa Bean Smoothing Cream are excellent creamy leave-ins/refreshers that offer long-lasting moisture on both wet and dry hair. Perhaps, one of these may suit your tastes.

You can experiment with a few products during the Black Friday sales, then come back and report your findings (I love a good product sampling/I found my holy grail staple product story).:yep:

Thanks Pjaye...you sold me on the avocado one! Lol. I wil definitely come back with a review. Thanks!

Back