*** UPDATE Thread!!!!!!!!! - Pic Heavy ***

Oh dear. I really needed this update! I have been noticing some more breakage and mentally preparing myself to have to chop into bob if I can't get this under control. My hair is starting to look like yours did at first and it's been bothering me. But thank you soooooo much for posting this. Your progress to me is amazing. So many ppl go from APL to WL and I never see it as a big deal because my hair has never been that long. But I can relate to your growth. I love that! There is hope :))

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Awesome progress!Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I was wondering how you were doing on your HHJ.:woohoo: Keep up the good work!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love seeing post like this it's so motivating and it gives me hope I can have hair like that one day. You did and awsome job girl your hair look GOOD.

:thud:

Your regimen is on point! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. :yep:

ETA: You have passed waist and you're speeding to crackin'! (tail that is). :grin:

Last edited:
Hot Dayum!!!! This is just what I needed to see today! Thank you, OP for the inspiration and CONGRATULATIONS on your progress.

vestaluv1 WOW! I'm adding you as on of my hair inspirations! Your hair is beyond gawgeous and thick too! Aren't you HL now though?

Thanks for the detailed hair journey, I started where you did last year and know realistically I can be WL/HL next year.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Em, not really happy to claim HL as yet, but I don't have far to go. Thanks so much for your comments. HHG!!!

Congrats! I remember the beginning of your journey, so happy to see you and your hair doing well!

vestaluv1 - First of all let me say that your hair is gorgeous. What do you moisturize and seal your hair with. How long did you leave your hair in the box braids before you redid them? Also, how often do you deep condition?

I'm not particularly loyal to any type or brand of moisturiser, however most of the time I use ORS Carrot Oil and I've used that ever since I started my hair care journey. I seal with Coconut or Jojoba Oil. I know some would claim that Carrot Oil is more of a sealant than a moisturiser, but it works for me and it is a good moisturiser.

In the past, I've left my braids in for 3/4 days as I would wash my hair twice a week but now I usually wash my hair only once a week so the braids stay in for those 7 days.

Deep conditioning is something I'm getting back in to!!!
I think I've deep conditioned my hair at a rate of once every 3 or even 4 months in the last year and a half.
Not good :nono:.
I plan on doing that once a week or two weeks at the most. ORS Hair Mayonnaise has always worked well for me (with the right balance of moisture and protein) so I think I'll stick with that although I have tried others in the past.

Am truly disgusted (in a good way). Your hair looks amazing, keep it up! You're my new inspiration :)

OP your hair is beautiful. Have u been wearing wigs since 2008?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Yes... Wigs all the way since 2008. I have worn my own hair on the odd occasion and throughout a couple of beach holidays. But even during those short holidays I wore my hair in a bun on some days just to give my ends a break.
I would say I wear wigs 99% of the time.

Awe inspiring progress! Thanks for the detailed progress report. It will be so helpful to newbies and those who sometimes get discouraged.

Beautiful!! How do you get all that hair under a wig now?!!

Still doing box braids and I pin the ends up. I forgot to mention that the hair at the nape is cornrowed sideways.
I would recommended this to anyone who has breakage in this area (like I had). I had about 2 inches of hair at the nape and now it's almost as long as the rest of my hair; maybe an inch or two shorter.

Back