Update on Shedding + Dominican Blowout Pics

Your hair looks very lovely!

Thanks for the tip with using a finer tooth comb after the wide tooth one. This is probably why rollersetting every once in awhile during stretches can decrease tiny knots.

Hey everyone,

A week ago I made a thread about my excessive shedding. Well, I decided to go to a Domican hair salon and get a blow out. I am only 5 weeks post but the beautician kept insisting I get a relaxer....Now you KNOW I ain't finsta (spelled like that on purpose) let ANYONE other than me relax my head. My new growth is brutal, but five weeks, IMO is too early.

So, I got a deep condition and they blow fried me. I found out the problem with my shedding was my little tangly knots which she took her time to detangle. I was only detangling with a wide tooth comb and the knots managed to slip through the comb! Lesson to low-manipulation ladies: try and detangle witha s maller comb every know and then. I even co-washed last night and I was tangle free. Thanks Mami!

Okay, so in fact my hair DID get thinner and my ends even broke some; I had cut about an inch when I got home. I was NOT about to let any stylist cut my hair either. Here are some pictures of my blow out. The first two are before my cut and the second are after.

320020392.jpg

320020386.jpg

Texture shot [excuse Bob Marley, that's SO's little corner :rolleyes:]-->
320020389.jpg

320020391.jpg

320020387.jpg

Nice :yep:

Back