Update on Relaxer Stretching....

RabiaElaine

I know i haven't been on for a while. Bad me :spank: !! I've been really busy. But I thought I would let you ladies know that. I am about 9 weeks into my second stretch and doing just fine. I'm actually going to get my hair relaxed on sunday for my cousin's wedding (which I am in). If it wasn't for the wedding I think I would try to go a bit longer. Anyway for the last week or so I have been two strand twisting my hair at night and then letting it out in the morning. I redo the twists every 2-3 days. This is all in an effort not to comb my hair too much. I have mainly been using my shower comb when I twist the hair. I am experiencing minimal shedding!

Everyone at my job LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS my hair like this. They think this style is the best thing since sliced bread :lachen: ha! The CEO of my company even touched my hair, because he was sooooooo intrigued! Anyway I'm so happy that I've been able to stretch 2 times now to 9 weeks each . Next stretch I'm going for 12 weeks that would be amazing for me, 3 months without a relaxer!!!

Anyway I'm very happy and I wanted to thank you for all of your love and support muah!!

Congrats on your stretching. I'm right there with you on my 11th week, so far so good. I was supposed to get a relaxer next week but I think I will hold out 4 more weeks !! :grin:

Good job stretching...I usually go about 12 weeks, but that is my max. Last time I went 17 weeks and it did way more damage than good, so I'm glad that I know my limits. Let us know how it turns out!

Camille429 said:
Good job stretching...I usually go about 12 weeks, but that is my max. Last time I went 17 weeks and it did way more damage than good, so I'm glad that I know my limits. Let us know how it turns out!

How did it do more harm than good? What were you doing? TIA :)

Congrats!! I'm in my 15th week post-relaxer.....
I'll be washing tonight & I'll see how it all went... :look:

Congrats to you!!! I'm in my 8th week and I really don't plan to get one until probably another 4 weeks. I am still wearing my hair out every day. From trying different recommended drying methods, I just figured out that blow-drying on low and using a roundbrush is a MUST for those who stretch (or at least for me). Also my caruso steamrollers is an absolute must for giving me pretty curls without heat-damage. :)

Congrats to you!!! I'm in my 9th week too. This is my first time and I must say it wasn't too bad :) I'm getting a perm tomorrow though since I'm going out of town.

California said:
How did it do more harm than good? What were you doing? TIA :)

Excessive breakage and shedding that no Aphogee or protein could stop. So even though I'm spacing out the number of relaxers I get in a year, which is a good thing, the breakage and shedding I get from waiting just sets me back more. Does that make sense?

Back