Update on my postal lady's hair

Coffee

She brought me a box of plants and was so excited for me to see her hair. She used beer in her henna. Her hair was so pretty and shiny, with traces of light reddish color in her hair. She said the ladies at work complimented her and ask what type of color she put in her hair. I'm using the beer on Wednesday when I henna.

Hey Coffee,

I am now reading this AFTER I just did a henna treatment. When I did my first henna in March or April it came out really red and I didnt like it all that much but funny thing is I ran into a Indian lady and I mentioned it to her. She was too tickled that an American knew about henna let alone a BW but she told me to tone it down just add coffee. I have the most beautiful deep red hair but inside it looks dark brown. I love the shine my hair has. Anyway dont want to take from your thread just giving others another option. I think I still may try it with beer next time. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Coffee,

I am now reading this AFTER I just did a henna treatment. When I did my first henna in March or April it came out really red and I didnt like it all that much but funny thing is I ran into a Indian lady and I mentioned it to her. She was too tickled that an American knew about henna let alone a BW but she told me to tone it down just add coffee. I have the most beautiful deep red hair but inside it looks dark brown. I love the shine my hair has. Anyway dont want to take from your thread just giving others another option. I think I still may try it with beer next time. Thanks for the tip.

This sounds like what I'm looking for as a natural alternative to the color I just did last month. Would you mind PMing or sharing the exact products and procedures you used for the coffee/henna blend? TIA.

No problem. Very easy. All you need is henna, already brewed coffee (not grounds) and I also added coconut oil and some cheapie conditioner oh and indigo.

First I put the henna in a bowl and then added the coffee to make a past. Let sit over night

Next morning in a separate bowl I put some indigo in a bowl used warm water to make a paste. Let sit for 15 min.

Combine henna, indigo, cheapie conditioner, and oil mix and apply. I let sit on my hair for 3.5 hours.

When I washed it out my hair was so soft.

I hope this helps. If you need anymore info just PM me.

Well I picked up my can of beer today; I'll report back on Wednesday after I finish with my henna.

I henna every week and this is second week using beer , my hair is soft glowing with a light color burgundy it has really cover of my gray. I can't wait until I am able to wear my on hair out in public. I still protecting my hair . Loving my color

Well I picked up my can of beer today; I'll report back on Wednesday after I finish with my henna.

Coffee, I hate you so much right now!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::lachen::lachen:Now you know I've got to try the beer in my henna now:nono: You always starting stuff.:lachen::lachen::lachen:I'll let you know how it comes out.:yep::lick:

Back