Update on my braids

rosie

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on line here.
ANyway, to give you an update on my braids. THey are doing fine. They are almost waist length, and IMHO too long. My hubby asked me to leave them this long for a month. THe month is at an end.

I put my braids in an updo for my company a party and a couple of other functions. It looked nice. I pulled them back inot a low ony tail and divided the ponytail into about 6-7 sections. Then I twisted each section really tight until it twisted back onto itself. And pinned it to the crown of my head. The ends were left with spiral curls to hang .

The reactions to my braids have been wonderful. Everyone seems to like them, and they seem to say, that the length fits me. Go figure. My hair has not been any longer than maybe 10-12 inches since I've worked here.

Only one person tried to call me out about my hair. A balding aging white man. Had the nerve to stand in front of my cubicle and loudly pronounce to a group of women (sisters) who were admiring my hair, "It's not real, she bought it in a store" /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif He looked so intense and upset. Huh??? Go figure.

Of course it's not real, my hair was only about 6-7 inches long the last time you saw me. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I did inform him that they also sold this kind of hair in tracks so that even those with no hair to attach a weave to could glue it on.

Of course 3 of the 4 sisters standing next to me started to giggle at what he said. Uh, excuse me sister-gurl, you wear a weave, why are you laughing? Afraid he's gonna call you out too? I could care less. I told everybody that I was putting my braids back in. I wasn't trying to hide anything from anyone or fake them out. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ANyway, I find that peoeple, especially men, are being nicer to me. More gentlemanly. You now holding doors open. Helping out of cars, just treating me morelike a lady.

Oh well, the braids get cut in January to about shoulder blade length. And they come out in Februaury. I think next time I'll get cornrows into a low bun.

rosie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Only one person tried to call me out about my hair. A balding aging white man. Had the nerve to stand in front of my cubicle and loudly pronounce to a group of women (sisters) who were admiring my hair, "It's not real, she bought it in a store" He looked so intense and upset. Huh??? Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up with that??? And some sisters actually laughed at that??? What were they thinking? Anyway, I'm glad the braids are working out for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know, I didn't even mention about them putting their hands in my hair while I was onthe phone. I gave the look, but it didn't work.

"Help, the long hair has softened the power of my evil eye"

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

rosie

I did inform him that they also sold this kind of hair in tracks so that even those with no hair to attach a weave to could glue it on.

Oh Girl!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back