Update...Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner!

NYCITY

Hi ladies,
I wanted to give u an update on this conditioner. I washed my hair this past weekend at a Dominican salon and because I have so much growth I only washed with Creme of Nature (green and yellow bottle I think) and conditined with the Nacidit. The I used Motions Nourish and the lady doing my hair added in some Salem leave-in. My hair came out great!
I didn't use a protein conditioner because I had washed three days earlier and conditioned with ORS then air dried and I didn't want to overdo it. She did also blow my roots out (not the length and ends) and my hair came out very straight.
This is my eighth week and I think I will be able to go until the end of March. The Nacidit was very moisturizing. Next time I'll use it as pre-shampoo.

That's great to here! I just posted about this conditioner being on my to-try list.

I really like my QH cholesterol but am very curious about the comparisons I've read of Nacidit being compared to super cholesterol (or something like that). I can't wait to try it.

BTW---which Salerm leave-in did she use?

NYCITY.

This is very close to what I normally do to my hair. The Conditioner and the leave are the same. I also find that this combo is ultra mositurizing tho my oily scalp requires a non-moisturizing shampoo. I also love the way my hair comes out when I blowdry my roots only. I do that once a week and have found it be no problem whatsoever. I mimize heat in all other areas of my regime and feel that this is a great happy medium. It get the hair straight without frying the ends....and you get that ultra straight look you sometimes want with all the swing and body that are created by a rollerset.

I'm glad it worked for you!

~Tracy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy,
I must say that the only thing I may change, I will also use a non-moisturizing shampoo. What shampoo did u decide to use with the Nacidit! Have any suggestions?
I have also always blown my roots out when I have a lot of growth and it helps me to go longer without a relaxer.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
it helps me to go longer without a relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's precisely why I do it NYCITY. Let me find out we're regime twins and didn't know it! LOL!

I recommend Pantene Sheer, Any of the Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Shampoos except the Moisturizing one (only because of the purposes we're discussing here tho - therwise it's fine), Fantasia IC Pure Tea and last bu certainly not least - Lanza Deep Cleansing and Protein Plus shampoos to use with the NACIDIT.

There are high as well as low end choices here, so take your pick.

I bought mine at Optima Beauty Supply on John Street in Lower Manhattan.

I understand that you can also purchase them in a lot of beauty supplies in Harlem. But I've never purchase them from there personally.

I've seen it in most beauty supply stores that I frequent in Brooklyn.

What part of NY are you from?

Daviine,

WHich ones do you frequnet - in what areas of BK?

This is the one thing I love that I haven't been able to find in BK....

Are they the ones on Flatbush - if so, do you have a cross street I could start at to minimize the meandering?

Hey Tracy,
I am using the Pantene Smooth and Sleek Cond. as the last rinse, so I'll probably get it's Shampoo. Or does the Pantene Sheer work better?

Actually in this case I would say that the Sheer would work better - Smooth and Sleek Shampoo is going to behave a lot like the Cream of Nature. It's a moisturizing, smoothing shampoo.

I could be wrong here - but that's what my gut tells me. If the object is to let the NACIDIT do the moisturizing and the shampoo do the cleaning I'd say go with the Sheer and not the S&amp;S.

Okay chica...

Here you go:

My fave bss in Brooklyn: Flatbush Beauty Supply --1001 Flatbush Avenue between Tilden and Albemarle. (718) 941-5657 (near Staples)

Beauty Heaven (this place is huge -IMHO)
2230 Church Avenue between Flatbush and Bedford Avenue (near orange fitness place--can't remember the name right now) (718) 703-1430

Lemon Beauty Supply
932 Flatbush Ave (between Snyder and ???--forgot to check the cross street --sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif but its across the street from McDonald's )
(718) 282-0727

Jasmin Beauty Supply
1040 Flatbush Avenue (between Duryea and Regent)
(718) 940-8562

I suspect that all/most of the BSS in this area carry it. They even have the Nacidit rinse--I thought you said you were looking for this but I could be wrong... /images/graemlins/look.gif

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

WOW! Daviine that is so sweet of you to post all of that for me. I'm saving the thread. I WAS looking for the rinse as well....none of the ones I went into Downtown Brooklyn (like of the A and F lines) have it. I was beginning to think I'd have to go all the way to Harlem or donwtown Manhattan just to get the stuff! It's not far, but it's just off my beaten path - you know...?

This is awesome.

Thank you! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

NYCITY,

Thanks for the review. I've seen this at one of the beauty supply stores in Maryland that sells Dominican products. It sure does sound good.

Back