Update, 2nd rollerset with mesh rollers! :)

skegeesmb

Hey all,

I just did my second rollerset yesterday with one inch purple rollers. I didn't even use the end papers. I thought the set came out really nice. I think I will actually wear the end result outside.

I used those last week after reading your post also. I didn't use the end papers either and I had no marks in my hair. It was as smooth as if I had used the magnetic ones.

Your rollerset looks great also.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Your hair was set like CaramelHonee's picture she posted of how she did her rollerset! If they give the same results as magnetic rollers, I might just have to buy me some and try them out!

Are mesh rollers easier to sleep in???

skegeesmb said:
Hey all,

I just did my second rollerset yesterday with one inch purple rollers. I didn't even use the end papers. I thought the set came out really nice. I think I will actually wear the end result outside.

Where did you purchase your rollers and what brand are they? I am asking because I have tried roller sets with the mesh rollers and I get crinkles and dents in my hair . Thanks

nikki1971 said:
Where did you purchase your rollers and what brand are they? I am asking because I have tried roller sets with the mesh rollers and I get crinkles and dents in my hair . Thanks

nikki1971,

I bought mine at a BSS supply store downtown in Stamford. I don't know what the rollers names where though. I don't know why they didn't leave marks this time, but they didn't. When I first used them, they did leave marks. I did use a gloss serum on each section before I rolled it up. And I think because my hair is a lot longer than when I first tried it a few years ago the dents aren't noticeable because it's on the very ends of my hair. I wish I could remember the name of the rollers, but I threw the packages they came in away, I keep my rollers in a big black bag.

webby said:
Skee, your hair looks so pretty :)
How long did you sit under the dryer with 1" rollers?

Girl get this.....30 minutes. I could have held out for 10 more minutes, but I was impatient. I think three rollers were a tad bit moist after I took them down. 30 minutes webby, I can't believe it! :)

Well Done! you are making so much progress with your hair, it has grown so long, so fast and it is so beautiful! All I can say, Congratulations! :thumpsup: :yay:

Poohbear said:
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Your hair was set like CaramelHonee's picture she posted of how she did her rollerset! If they give the same results as magnetic rollers, I might just have to buy me some and try them out!

Are mesh rollers easier to sleep in???

Poohbear, I did try to sleep in the mesh rollers. They were much more comfortable than the magnetic rollers, but I don't really like to sleep with any in my hair if I can get away with it.

miss_brown said:
Your rollerset looks great :up:

Also, you can really tell you're losing weight (your cheekbones have a lot of definition)... :)

Thank you miss_brown, that really made my day. It's tough trying to stick to a diet some days ya know?

dstdiva said:
skegee, how do you make the rollers stay in with those little sticks? i have never been able to do it.

I would like to know the same thing I just tried a set with these rollers again and I just can't get those pins in correctly.

Okay ladies here's what I do with the pins. I use a mixture of both the black long bobby pins and then I use the pins.

I start the first roller off with a black bobby pin, and then the corresponding rollers I use, I use the pins in a criss cross action. I make sure to connect them to the roller I used the black bobby pin with. If you look at my first picture with my face, you'll see some rollers that I've used bobby pins with.

You wouldn't think so, but those pins can hold in the rollers really well.

I must be rolling my hair too tight or something is wrong with my rollers because not all of my hair comes out smooth. On Sunday I rollerset my hair.....

One half was as good as if not better than the Dominicans .... but I don't know what happened to the other side...the other was dry, poofy, just plain nasty.... :nono:

Skees thanks for posting your rolelrset pics. It came out fabulous :) I've been digging around looking for the mesh rollers since I found out they cut back on drying time (the main reason I DON"T rollerset). I managed to find the large white ones and the pins. Problem is when I did a test roll on dry hair, I discovered the pin wasn't long enough to connect with my scalp. My mom used to use these same rollers and I don't recall there being any lobger sized pins. Any suggestions? I'd like to try this on Saturday. tia :)

Armyqt said:
Skees thanks for posting your rolelrset pics. It came out fabulous :) I've been digging around looking for the mesh rollers since I found out they cut back on drying time (the main reason I DON"T rollerset). I managed to find the large white ones and the pins. Problem is when I did a test roll on dry hair, I discovered the pin wasn't long enough to connect with my scalp. My mom used to use these same rollers and I don't recall there being any lobger sized pins. Any suggestions? I'd like to try this on Saturday. tia :)

Hmm,

I didn't use the big white rollers that time with the pins. I used the purple smaller rollers. When I did the rollerset with the bigger rollers (white, pink) I used the long bobby pins, because I had the same problem so I'm not too sure.

Back