Upcoming Wedding

LilBits

Hello, Ladies. I rarely post, but I was hoping to get some advice. I am getting married in August and I want my hair to be as beautiful as possible by then. My hair is about 2.5-3 inches past my shoulders and grows relatively fast. The problem is my ends are really dry, with split ends. I usually smooth them out with Natural Oasis Oil and a curling iron, but by the end of the week they are dry again. Several people have told me I need to cut several inches (approx. 3 inches) off the ends and start growing it out again. My concern is that I won't have anough time to grow it back before my wedding in August. It is important to me to have all my own hair. Would it be bad for me to keep my hair as is or would that just cause more damage? Is there anyway for me to save my hair without cutting it?
Any constructive ideas and thoughts would be appreciated.(Sorry, I don't know how to post pictures yet.)

add a ? to the end of the link and the picture will come up.

Lilbits, I saw your hair at the DC Metro meeting & I do not think you need three inches taken off! Who told you that, some hairdresser I bet. Anywho this is what I would do, 1st try and wear your hair up in protective styles more. I've found that putting shea butter on my damp ends and then tucking them away keeps them nice and moisturized. I say trim 1/4 to 1/2 an inch and just do your best to keep your ends moisturized until your big day!
smile.gif

HTH
ms_kenesha

From what I can see your hair looks nice and healthy. But then and again, I can't really see the ends. If you are not ready to part with your ends, then don't. Baby your ends though and give them lots of moisture and protection. I would not use any kind of heat on them, since you're having a problem with dryness. Try doing protective styles where your ends are gonna be tucked away. If your target date is August, you have plenty of time to see some real growth, but you must take care of those ends. By the time August rolls around, you may have enough growth and won't mind parting with a few inches
smile.gif
hth.

I'd say give your ends lots of extra TLC (oils & moisturizing conditioners) and above all, stop using the curling iron!!
naughty.gif

Doing rinses and wearing protective styles have helped me tremendously!
smile.gif

I wash with shampoo once a week and rinse twice a week. That plus wearing a bun at least five days out of seven has helped my hair stay soft with no split ends since my trim.

Also, I avoid heat and wrapping my hair as much as possible. All this plus a good Bargello like vitamin regimen should do your hair some good. Good luck.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I agree with all of the advice given here. Like Chichi, rinses and protective styles have helped me a lot. Good luck and happy hair growing!

Back