Unwillingly went from MBL to APL

Fine 4s

I’ve been trying to get to full WL all my journey but breakage keeps getting the best of me. I do not have the time nor desire to put in all the work I put in at the beginning of my healthy hair journey.

I suspected something was off with my hair in the last few years especially with my twist outs. They weren’t popping like they used to but I thought it was age. I tried to trim myself, went to stylists who clearly didn’t trim enough off because now look at how much I had to cut off. There was no cutting a little bit off this time, the thinning ends were obvious and my hair was tangly (but it was always tangly really). I wanted the damage gone! I’m going to always wear a white cape going forward too. You can see the bad ends a lot better.
Too bad I didn’t do this at the beginning of 2020.

Anyway ladies you’ve heard it before but stay on ya trims. I didn’t have to trim as much in my early days but when my hair started to hit MBL, I needed to up my trims...
4580D28B-8F1F-4F24-9E0D-B14548F6C1CA.jpeg49C86A08-A133-40DE-9367-47245A5D56A8.jpegDB4DC716-A3A3-4A72-84F3-6ACD7489769B.jpegB2074F7D-756F-471C-AC46-1AC54E8778D0.jpegABBA2667-C1DB-4E3B-BCE2-1B75D341DABB.jpeg

RIP hair

That clean "hemline" looks fantastic! So full and healthy. We emphasize length so much but what good is a stringy, scrawny, see-through MBL when you can have healthy, thick, APL.
Don't get me wrong, I know it hurts a bit to lose so many inches so suddenly but you're now set up for healthy growth. Enjoy your journey!

P. S. Did you go to Miriam G.?! This has her signature all over it. If so, you're in good hands!

My profile picture is actually from another chop that I had where I thought she had cut off too much! That was 2012 or maybe 2013.

Your hair after the cut is gorgeous!

I am a big believer in trimming. Especially after recovering from a major setback. I'm constantly checking my ends to make sure they are still thick. Matter of fact, it's time to take a nape pic tonight to check in on my progress back there.

Back